Starfinder Playlist
Page 9 of 10 First ... 78910 Last
    They were in the process of creating their own version of D&D Beyond. Chris Cao was not happy that it was bought. He thought they were creating a better product, and even after purchasing was wanting to abandon it for their own product. Like I said go watch the video. It's pretty indepth and gives and incite into what's really going on inside WotC.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    A lot of the Pathfinder content will grant you a PDF for free at Paizo.com if you buy it here. It won't cover the physical book.
    Yup, confirm. Just downloaded the pfrpg 2e core rulebook and Hellknight Hill module pdfs for free from paizo yesterday.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DmHesh View Post
    So D&D Shorts just posted on YouTube whats going on inside Wizards, ...
    Isn't D&D Shorts the guy who just retracted his last big bold statement last week? That he was proven wrong about the D&D surveys not being read by anyone inside WotC.

This guy is not reliable. And seems to be more interested in driving clicks and creating controversy than any type of reliable "journalism".

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    That doesn’t really make sense to me. They own D&D Beyond and just paid $145M for it. Why on Earth would they want to destroy it?
    Companies do this because it makes cents, or even dollars. Here is a discussion in a different field, but the same logic applies. (Edit: In the sense that a company could do this. I don't know enough about wotc internally to know that they did do this.)
    https://insights.som.yale.edu/insigh...shut-them-down
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

He retracted it due to some people actually caring about input from the community. Those people are the ones coming out and giving inside info. They and the design team do actually care. The person who seems to be the problem of it all is the VP of Digital Products Chris Cao. He and the new CEO of WotC want to push WotC to billion dollar business. Hasbro is losing money. The guy actually would rather not be involved and making his fun content. It was hilarious content. When people inside Wizards are coming to him and giving him verified info he feels responsible to report it.

Blog Entries
    He retracted his statement because he was WRONG. His "inside" information is just as reliable now as it was then. Just like WotC has lost my trust in their intentions, Shorts has lost his credibility as well. You believe him if you wish, but portraying him as a reliable source to others is misleading.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Wow guess you've never been WRONG. He was at least willing to come out and admit his mistake, and correct it. His info has been corroborated by Gizmodo and other sources. You can choose to ignore it that's your choice. I choose to at least hear it and others saying similar info and make my own opinion.

Wow guess you've never been WRONG. He was at least willing to come out and admit his mistake, and correct it. His info has been corroborated by Gizmodo and other sources. You can choose to ignore it that's your choice. I choose to at least hear it and others saying similar info and make my own opinion.
    If someone with real power inside the company wanted D&D Beyond to go down in flames, then they would not have been so reactive to the mass exodus of subscribers from the platform, they'd have just continued on business as usual with OGL 1.1. They did, however, react and retract in short order which says the opposite of what your sources are telling you. The sort of thing that's going on right now is the sort of thing that loses executives their jobs, so it is possible that a different sort of change is coming if they can't fix this, which is looking more and more gloomy for Wizards.

From what was reported they were involved in making a competitor to D&D Beyond before purchasing it. Now they are having to support it because it ties into all their future plans. Here is the link to the video with all the info. https://youtu.be/J4kGMsZSdbY

Blog Entries
    From what was reported they were involved in making a competitor to D&D Beyond before purchasing it. Now they are having to support it because it ties into all their future plans. Here is the link to the video with all the info. https://youtu.be/J4kGMsZSdbY
    Edit: So where are the statements from these people?
    Ginny Di, Ted from Nerd Immersion, Treantmonk, and the lawyer Noah Downs have all had access to verify that this material is real
    ---
    Is there a source other than Shorts? As said, he's not reliable and therefore imo not to be believed UNLESS corroborated by independent source(s).
    Last edited by LordEntrails; January 22nd, 2023 at 20:06.

Thread Information