5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 8 of 10 First ... 678910 Last
    Blog Entries
    We just started a 50% off sale for FGU lifetime licenses. $20 for standard and $75 for Ultimate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We just started a 50% off sale for FGU lifetime licenses. $20 for standard and $75 for Ultimate.
    Great news, hope you are supporting that with advertising!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

LegalEagle has a video up about the recent events.

He does not go over a lot of the stuff that's been covered elsewhere, he instead goes over the distinction between Copyright and Trademark, and how the OGL interacts with both.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Semi-related to the OneD&D and OGL news. I forsee a LOT of new players coming to FG. $30 / month for D&D Beyond, including the VVT?

https://twitter.com/DnD_Shorts/statu...5Es1_&ref_url=
    That pricing is totally nuts and the end goal there has to be to disallow D&D-content in any other platform than theirs, ending any ongoing licenses within a year after their own VTT is up & running. There's no way me & my group of five would ever be forking out $30/month/player, averaging $1800 / year / group or roughly $100 / game (since we're all adults and life gets in a way too much, and can't play as often as we'd like).

Playing with pen & paper would be my preference anyway, but since I live in a different country, on the other side of Europe than rest of my players, a VTT is a necessity. Fantasy Grounds has been an excellent tool for that.

And in any case this whole debacle made me read more about Pathfinder 2e and it made me wonder why haven't we been playing that game already. I'm going to steal many of the mechanics for my current campaign, and then try to wrap that up asap. After that we can then switch over to playing Pathfinder. I'd love to get the books too (since book as an interface is unbeatable for me, even if I like reading some books on a kindle / mobile device), but what I'm wondering if there's a package that would include the books, pdfs & VTT materials without forking everything separately.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hmatilainen View Post
    That pricing is totally nuts and the end goal there has to be to disallow D&D-content in any other platform than theirs, ending any ongoing licenses within a year after their own VTT is up & running. There's no way me & my group of five would ever be forking out $30/month/player, averaging $1800 / year / group or roughly $100 / game (since we're all adults and life gets in a way too much, and can't play as often as we'd like).

Playing with pen & paper would be my preference anyway, but since I live in a different country, on the other side of Europe than rest of my players, a VTT is a necessity. Fantasy Grounds has been an excellent tool for that.

And in any case this whole debacle made me read more about Pathfinder 2e and it made me wonder why haven't we been playing that game already. I'm going to steal many of the mechanics for my current campaign, and then try to wrap that up asap. After that we can then switch over to playing Pathfinder. I'd love to get the books too (since book as an interface is unbeatable for me, even if I like reading some books on a kindle / mobile device), but what I'm wondering if there's a package that would include the books, pdfs & VTT materials without forking everything separately.
    A lot of the Pathfinder content will grant you a PDF for free at Paizo.com if you buy it here. It won't cover the physical book.

Quote Originally Posted by hmatilainen View Post
    ...but what I'm wondering if there's a package that would include the books, pdfs & VTT materials without forking everything separately.
    On most of the Pathfinder stuff in the FG store, there's a button to click about buying them as part of a bundle.
    And, as ddavison mentioned, on most of the Paizo products, buying the FG product yields a free download of the PDF from the Paizo website (make sure to link your accounts from the FG store).

The position I would take (if I was someone who had created IP under the current OGL) would be simple...

Hasbro, having bought the D&D IP with an existing limitation on that IP via the OGL currently in place does not have can right to revoke it. The wording of said OGL is clear it was intended to provide assurity to any parties using it in perpetuity.

So D&D Shorts just posted on YouTube whats going on inside Wizards, and the future with the OGL. It's worse than most people thought. This is coming from people inside WotC itself. The VP of WotC Digital Chris Cao is out to destroy D&D Beyond and all VTTs. He wants to get rid of them and corner the market for WotC. They are going to push everyone into their VTT and run every other one out of business. Hasbro/WotC is wanting to septuple their money and make D&D a billion dollar business with micro transactions and milking the community. They don't give two shits about us, and view us as obstacles. If you want the whole story it's a 17min video....This is just TSR all over again.

Blog Entries
    That doesn’t really make sense to me. They own D&D Beyond and just paid $145M for it. Why on Earth would they want to destroy it?

Thread Information