DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 52 of 113 First ... 242505152535462102 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by M0kkan View Post
    Looks like you're right. I guess I haven't been using effects to drive this sort of thing until I tried the Aura ext. bmos, looks like you're off the hook Although, if you're not getting the effect duplication with manual roll set to 'on', you might have found a solution to RFIA's issue.
    More likely I was just testing it differently. Happy to confirm/deny this assumption if you can post a step by step process to replicate it.

Long thread; Apologize if this scenario has been covered. I haven't found the coding. Closest I could find was using the AURA and REGEN, but that isn't quite what I'm looking to establish.

Scenario: Player has Healing Spirit, which reads "Until the spell ends, whenever you or a creature you can see moves into the spirits space for the first time on a turn or starts its turn there, you can cause the spirit to restore 1d6 hit points to that creature (no action required).". Cool, a Font of Healing, just walk through it on your turn as part of your movement and get a 1d6 heal. It can only trigger this heal 1+ spell casting ability modifier (minimum of twice).

Thought of dropping a token in combat tracker/battle map and putting an aura affect on that token when the player casts the spell, allowing players to see the spirit on the map and pass through it as part of their movement or a quick heal; or have the ranger drop it on the tank's square and just give them 1d6 healing at the start of their turn for as long as they can. I was originally thinking that an ongoing 'save', with negative damage would fit the bill; just set the DC of the save so high that a player stepping into the aura always fails resulting in the SAVEDMG getting rolled, resulting in a HEAL roll. Though they do get triggered at the start of their turn in the aura, it 1) doesn't get triggered when they first enter the aura, nor 2) does it roll SAVEDMG or HEAL.

AURA: 1 friend; Healing Spirit; IF: FACTION(friend); SAVEO: wisdom DC 1 (M); SAVEDMG: -1d6;
    OR
    AURA: 1 friend; Healing Spirit; IF: FACTION(friend); SAVEO: WIS DC 100; HEAL: 1d6;

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by macduffie465 View Post
    Though they do get triggered at the start of their turn in the aura, it 1) doesn't get triggered when they first enter the aura, nor 2) does it roll SAVEDMG or HEAL.
    That would require some other extension that triggers actions based on the creation of an effect. It goes beyond the scope of this extension.

*trombone noises*
    I was afraid it might. Theatre of the mind it is.....

Quote Originally Posted by macduffie465 View Post
    Long thread; Apologize if this scenario has been covered. I haven't found the coding. Closest I could find was using the AURA and REGEN, but that isn't quite what I'm looking to establish.

Scenario: Player has Healing Spirit, which reads "Until the spell ends, whenever you or a creature you can see moves into the spirits space for the first time on a turn or starts its turn there, you can cause the spirit to restore 1d6 hit points to that creature (no action required).". Cool, a Font of Healing, just walk through it on your turn as part of your movement and get a 1d6 heal. It can only trigger this heal 1+ spell casting ability modifier (minimum of twice).

Thought of dropping a token in combat tracker/battle map and putting an aura affect on that token when the player casts the spell, allowing players to see the spirit on the map and pass through it as part of their movement or a quick heal; or have the ranger drop it on the tank's square and just give them 1d6 healing at the start of their turn for as long as they can. I was originally thinking that an ongoing 'save', with negative damage would fit the bill; just set the DC of the save so high that a player stepping into the aura always fails resulting in the SAVEDMG getting rolled, resulting in a HEAL roll. Though they do get triggered at the start of their turn in the aura, it 1) doesn't get triggered when they first enter the aura, nor 2) does it roll SAVEDMG or HEAL.

AURA: 1 friend; Healing Spirit; IF: FACTION(friend); SAVEO: wisdom DC 1 (M); SAVEDMG: -1d6;
    OR
    AURA: 1 friend; Healing Spirit; IF: FACTION(friend); SAVEO: WIS DC 100; HEAL: 1d6;

Thoughts?
    HEAL: 1d6 isn't even a code you can use.
    the DC on the dmg should be high like 100.
    The coding for damage does not do -1d6 to heal (you will get 0 everytime)
    You can put the coding to SAVEDMG: -1 (this will heal them 1 point of untyped damage on a failed save)

This will auto trigger as they move into the space, it will apply the effect on them as they move into the aura, however, it would need to be applied at the end of the turn or the start of the turn. (Their turn has already started if they are moving into the space)

With the current coding options, I do not see a way to automate this, as BMOS has said.
    Not only that, if you take the healing side of it out, you still can't automate it for dmging effects. Unless they give dmg at the "start of turn" or "end of turn" while in the aura, you can automate it.
    If it says "when they enter" or "when they leave" I see no current way to automate those.
    Last edited by MrDDT; July 21st, 2021 at 01:00.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    More likely I was just testing it differently. Happy to confirm/deny this assumption if you can post a step by step process to replicate it.
    1. Load a campaign with RFIA v0.19 and Aura v1.4
    2. Go to 'Options' and under the RFIA section set 'Manual Save Rolls PC' to 'On'. I have seen the same issue with NPC on or off. As long as the target's manual rolls are 'on', it seems to replicate.
    3. Add PC's to CT. I had 3 PCs.
    4. Add aura effect to one PC:
    AURA: 10 friend; Protection; SAVE: 5
    5. Add NPC to CT, I used the standard 'Acolyte', though it seemed to replicate with any NPC.
    6. Place PC with aura so that it affects another PC.
    7. Target one or more affected PCs with the Acolyte
    8. Double click the action in the CT to drive the save for the Acolyte's Sacred Flame
    9. Use the pop-up to roll the save for the targeted PCs
    10. The chat window should show the aura effect twice, and the roll reflects this.

So, is there a way to add the Aura Effect to an NPC? I want to use it on NPC's, without having to apply it manually to each one... Let me know if this is even doable. Alternately, if someone knows of a way to have an effect active on an NPC by default let me know, far as i know you have to apply it to the npc manually once its in the combat log

Quote Originally Posted by Rixx View Post
    So, is there a way to add the Aura Effect to an NPC? I want to use it on NPC's, without having to apply it manually to each one... Let me know if this is even doable. Alternately, if someone knows of a way to have an effect active on an NPC by default let me know, far as i know you have to apply it to the npc manually once its in the combat log
    I use the advanced effects ext to add auras.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I use the advanced effects ext to add auras.
    Do you have a link to this extension? I am literally a baby at extensions... this is my first ever extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixx View Post
    Do you have a link to this extension? I am literally a baby at extensions... this is my first ever extension.
    Wrong link. See next post. Sorry for confusion
    Last edited by rhagelstrom; July 22nd, 2021 at 02:15. Reason: Wrong link

Thread Information