Starfinder Playlist
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by similarly View Post
    built in sound would definitely be nice, but in the meantime, there IS the audiooverseer extension that works with VLC.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ent-Extension)
    Yes and there is Syrinscape Sounds too which is what I'm using. However, the gyrations to get it to work are fairly substantial. You still need to run 3 virtual cables, 3 Discord instances and use Voicemeeter Banana etc. to get it to run - and God forbid if there's a Windows update as that sometimes messes up or changes the the settings...

Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    Yes and there is Syrinscape Sounds too which is what I'm using. However, the gyrations to get it to work are fairly substantial. You still need to run 3 virtual cables, 3 Discord instances and use Voicemeeter Banana etc. to get it to run - and God forbid if there's a Windows update as that sometimes messes up or changes the the settings...
    For Syrinscape you can also use the online player then you do not need any of that (and actually it is just one virtual cable when one does not use an online player :P maybe one extra discord instance when one does not want to send the sound through the own audio output of the microphone :P Yeah, I know you were just overdrawing probably )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    For Syrinscape you can also use the online player then you do not need any of that (and actually it is just one virtual cable when one does not use an online player :P maybe one extra discord instance when one does not want to send the sound through the own audio output of the microphone :P Yeah, I know you were just overdrawing probably )
    There is Syrinscape Online. However, I find that the sound isn't quite as good for some reason and it also that means all my players are now downloading something (a couple of them have dinosaur computers). I also have a lot of sound outside Syrinscape that I use too, so that still would require another Discord instance too. I know it's more of a wish than anything but simplifying this would be nice.

yeah just adding to say i think it kind of all needs to be there, a full kit that is greater than the sum of its parts in a way, and not really worth much of anything without all of it at once.

1: mechanically understand the limitation of vision distance, for all races based on lighting conditions (dynamic vision, understand when and how to use what kind of vision abilities based on map lighting conditions and don't let players see farther out than their character could have, so different races/spells may see different things on the map that others do not.)
    +
    2: mechanically understand Line of Sight (dynamic line of sight understands the "cone of vision" for fog of war/also called, dynamic fog of war)
    +
    3: mechanically understand dynamic lighting (where is the light source, how strong is it, to illuminate how far out from it, how brightly? A light source can be not directly seen, due to distance or dynamic fog of war, while the light it casts may still be seen and may illuminate other things to be seen). Or a light may be viable in the far distance, that illuminates nothing in the immediate area.

Without all three aspect of vision cone+ distance +lighting conditions, in mechanics like that, the players and GM are just always on the hook to need to imagine seeing or not not seeing something on the map.

To have dynamic line of sight that still lets all races see as far as the next solid wall no matter the distance or lighting conditions. To me, that is of no real mechanical automation use, it is kinda pointless fluff that looks cooler than it is functionally useful.

Quote Originally Posted by A Social Yeti View Post
    To have dynamic line of sight that still lets all races see as far as the next solid wall no matter the distance or lighting conditions. To me, that is of no real mechanical automation use, it is kinda pointless fluff that looks cooler than it is functionally useful.
    As much as I'm excited for dynamic lighting control to be implemented... I disagree.

Compared to manually having to unmask each room as the party enters it, dynamic LoS really saves some time as DM, even if you still have to clarify that something is in dim light or total darkness.

Since the days I bought FG 1.05 there have been statements from the devs to introduce LOS with dynamic lighting. And after checking back every 6 to 12 months in the last few years we are still in the " we might add it later" phase. And even now with Unity it is still not a confirmed feature. I think it's time for me to give up on this and finally settle for maptools for good.

Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    As much as I'm excited for dynamic lighting control to be implemented... I disagree.

Compared to manually having to unmask each room as the party enters it, dynamic LoS really saves some time as DM, even if you still have to clarify that something is in dim light or total darkness.
    It only saves time if you are using one of those modules that had their LoS done. Drawing LoS is more time consuming than masking/unmasking. Without DL, you have to consider if the trade off is good enough.

If dynamic lighting based on ancestry, personal lighting and torches on walls isnt added that's a major let down. At the moment it's cool having the map reveal as the player(s) move around but that novelty will wear off eventually.

I know resources are limited and Smiteworks need to generate income so I am happy to wait for it to come after release, along with token locking and 3d maps.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrost View Post
    Has this feature been added?
    No. On the Launch screen of FGU is a link to the release notes. You can follow that link anytime and read through all the release notes to learn what is new or when a feature was implemented.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information