STAR TREK 2d20
Page 12 of 12 First ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by moostik View Post
    As it turns out, the problem was actually the Discord bot. Now that it's removed from my system and I'm streaming audio to the players from a different machine, I have absolutely zero issues at all.
    That's fantastic news! So glad you found the issue, and also very glad you engaged the community to discuss your issues.

Is it a specific Discord bot that was causing the problem? It might be good to know so we can warn others.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That's fantastic news! So glad you found the issue, and also very glad you engaged the community to discuss your issues.

Is it a specific Discord bot that was causing the problem? It might be good to know so we can warn others.
    I needed something that could stream any audio from my desktop directly to a premade discord bot that could join channels on my server. It is likely not in widespread use, as it takes some fiddling to set up including installing a virtual audio cable and using the discord developer portal to set up a bot, as well as run a java app on your desktop to stream sound to the bot.

This is what I'm using: https://github.com/BinkanSalaryman/D...dio-Stream-Bot

It was the last thing I suspected could be the cause, because I have been using it for a couple of years now with a bunch of other programs including MapTool.

Blog Entries
    Discord uses Unity right? Didn't we (the community) run into another Unity application that had a conflict with FG at one time? It was taking over mouse control/clicking or something if I remember?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This is jolly good news. Happy gaming!
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Discord uses Unity right? Didn't we (the community) run into another Unity application that had a conflict with FG at one time? It was taking over mouse control/clicking or something if I remember?
    Discord clientside is javascript, I don't think it uses any Unity

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I seem to recall something like that being mentioned at some point, but I cannot recall the details.

The Windows Discord app appears to use Electron, iOS/Android seem to use React Native.

I needed something that could stream any audio from my desktop directly to a premade discord bot that could join channels on my server. It is likely not in widespread use, as it takes some fiddling to set up including installing a virtual audio cable and using the discord developer portal to set up a bot, as well as run a java app on your desktop to stream sound to the bot.

This is what I'm using: https://github.com/BinkanSalaryman/D...dio-Stream-Bot

It was the last thing I suspected could be the cause, because I have been using it for a couple of years now with a bunch of other programs including MapTool.
    I can recommend this, works with every soruce which is playing locally through VBcable: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ord-Audio-Pipe

Direct Link: https://github.com/QiCuiHub/discord-audio-pipe/releases

Blog Entries
    Nice to hear this has been resolved.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Hi all,

As it turns out, the problem was actually the Discord bot. Now that it's removed from my system and I'm streaming audio to the players from a different machine, I have absolutely zero issues at all.
    We ran a 4 hour session in a dungeon with a fair bit of LOS, some dynamic lights, different vision variants for the tokens, individual fog of war, and up to about 25 combatants in the combat tracker.
    Not a single freeze. Not even one slight delay. In other words it ran as well as I would expect on a system like mine.
    This is one reason I keep asking for native sound support in FGU. I don't want to depend on 5 other apps to manage sound for my games ;(

Glad you were able to work out your issue!
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hi all,

We ran a 4 hour session in a dungeon with a fair bit of LOS, some dynamic lights, different vision variants for the tokens, individual fog of war, and up to about 25 combatants in the combat tracker.
    Not a single freeze. Not even one slight delay. In other words it ran as well as I would expect on a system like mine.

Thank you for all your tips, I've implemented most of the fixes you have been suggesting (including @JohnD's VISIMAX tip), and I'm assuming all of it also helps the game session run very smoothly, because we all noticed how responsive everything now was.

For those who are a bit fed up with the title of the thread, fear no more - this issue is now RESOLVED

-M
    So glad to hear that your situation was resolved! Hopefully the information gathered might help others avoid a similar situation in the future.

Thread Information