DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 15 First ... 56789 ... Last
    After troubleshooting between yesterday and today with the extensions I have, I have found two extensions are causing an issue on the character sheets using the Feb 16th release of FGU. I also went to DMSGuild to be sure I have the latest versions of the extensions in question (went and got what was available about 15 mins ago - found it odd that the spell damage extension had single quotes in the name now). So, to replicate the errors, I launch FGU, make sure the extension(s) are loaded. I then open the Party and select a player's character sheet. I click on the "Actions" tab near the bottom right. When that tab opens, I get the following console errors:

[2/17/2021 1:11:46 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "5e/campaign/scripts/char_weapon.lua"]:243: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)
    [2/17/2021 1:11:46 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_power_asd.lua"]:1935: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)

The two extensions this happens with are the Advanced Spell Damage and Advanced Weapon Damage extensions. Both give an error when loaded.
    pic4.png

When they are not loaded, the page is formatted as it is below with damage info:
    pic3.png

When the Weapon Damage extension is loaded, the damage info is blank and the formatting is off as well:
    pic2.png

Please let me know if there's anything additional you need. I think i have identified the correct extensions, so hopefully I have correctly identified them....

I'm having the above problems as well. I've narrowed it down specifically to the Advanced Weapons Extension ever since I updated yesterday. I believe I saw someone mention on the DMs Guild page that it might be because "ActorManager2" has been renamed, so perhaps that's the cause? Hoping for a fix before our group streams one of our games tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingAzureCrow View Post
    I'm having the above problems as well. I've narrowed it down specifically to the Advanced Weapons Extension ever since I updated yesterday. I believe I saw someone mention on the DMs Guild page that it might be because "ActorManager2" has been renamed, so perhaps that's the cause? Hoping for a fix before our group streams one of our games tomorrow.
    Hi,

while you might think its a quick fix, the changed made to the ruleset extent to many thousands of lines of code over multiple hundreds of files and many changes in the damage sections. Its more than just a rename of one class the api for the new class has changes to parameters.

I would need to check over every part of my extension to make sure I'm happy that it does the correct changes and calculations.. this will not be a quick fix and I dont tend to do work on my extensions until the weekend due to work..

So sorry you are probably not getting a fix for your next session.. But I will see if I get some time to look at it before then.

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Hi,

while you might think its a quick fix, the changed made to the ruleset extent to many thousands of lines of code over multiple hundreds of files and many changes in the damage sections. Its more than just a rename of one class the api for the new class has changes to parameters.

I would need to check over every part of my extension to make sure I'm happy that it does the correct changes and calculations.. this will not be a quick fix and I dont tend to do work on my extensions until the weekend due to work..

So sorry you are probably not getting a fix for your next session.. But I will see if I get some time to look at it before then.

-pete
    Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply anything should be rushed! I was just being hopeful mostly. I absolutely understand it taking all the time in the world. Thank you for your effort both in creating and maintaining the extension! Our show considers it invaluable to keeping things running along smoothly.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply anything should be rushed! I was just being hopeful mostly. I absolutely understand it taking all the time in the world. Thank you for your effort both in creating and maintaining the extension! Our show considers it invaluable to keeping things running along smoothly.
    Its not an issue, I did not take it as you implying you wanted it fixed for the session... just that it would be nice if it was...

'our show' ? does this have a page/youtube I can take a look at, to see how you are using this extension and other etc..

-pete

Oh, certainly! Our Twitch URL is https://www.twitch.tv/Nat19Official and the channel where we back up our content publicly is https://www.youtube.com/LetThemPlayGames, which includes game playlists and highlight videos as well. Our main game is Vestige of Ophiuchus, an original setting DM'd by Logan Laidlaw (that's me~!) currently going on it's 55th session, which is at 1 PM PST every Saturday, and on Thursdays at 5 PM PST we have other games we stream (currently. We're actually starting up a Princes of the Apocalypse campaign today, continuing off an old one. Every *other* Thursday we're starting a Devil May Cry based game. This month is actually a huge reset for our Thursday timeslots. We've been streaming regularly every week for several years. We've got a myriad of other campaigns from that time, but they're mostly not relevant to your interest in seeing your extension used.

For context in regards to your extension, we've been using it ever since the advanced weapon damage extension ever since the weapon handling extension broke and we wanted to replace it. Since then, it's one of many extensions we use for quality of life purposes. Recent additions like the rerollX functions and such have been very very helpful, and since we have a lot of custom content in our Saturday game (enough that it'll be getting a campaign guide soon) features like the powers option feel particularly inspired.

Which is all a long way to say, thank you very much for your work and effort. We pour a lot of capital and love into the show, and your extension is one of the key elements that helps us focus on the game and not FG. If you have any sort of donation link I'd actually be happy to have it.

Oh, certainly! Our Twitch URL is https://www.twitch.tv/Nat19Official and the channel where we back up our content publicly is https://www.youtube.com/LetThemPlayGames, which includes game playlists and highlight videos as well. Our main game is Vestige of Ophiuchus, an original setting DM'd by Logan Laidlaw (that's me~!) currently going on it's 55th session, which is at 1 PM PST every Saturday, and on Thursdays at 5 PM PST we have other games we stream (currently. We're actually starting up a Princes of the Apocalypse campaign today, continuing off an old one. Every *other* Thursday we're starting a Devil May Cry based game. This month is actually a huge reset for our Thursday timeslots. We've been streaming regularly every week for several years. We've got a myriad of other campaigns from that time, but they're mostly not relevant to your interest in seeing your extension used.

For context in regards to your extension, we've been using it ever since the advanced weapon damage extension ever since the weapon handling extension broke and we wanted to replace it. Since then, it's one of many extensions we use for quality of life purposes. Recent additions like the rerollX functions and such have been very very helpful, and since we have a lot of custom content in our Saturday game (enough that it'll be getting a campaign guide soon) features like the powers option feel particularly inspired.

Which is all a long way to say, thank you very much for your work and effort. We pour a lot of capital and love into the show, and your extension is one of the key elements that helps us focus on the game and not FG. If you have any sort of donation link I'd actually be happy to have it.
    Thanks for all the info, its always nice to see an extension been used..

I'll take a look at a few videos. if you have any 'weapon' designs that you want to share I'm always looking for example to add to the instructions module side..

Also do you know that Advanced Spell damage interacts with Advanced weapon damage... so spells that do damage lines can also have the weapon damage effects as well as the 'lvlN'. ( Well the should work... but not at the moment. )

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Hi,

-pete
    Thank you for looking into it!

Just to let people know, I've released an update for the FG rule set changes.

Let me know if you spot any issues, as I've not had much time to test it.

-pete

Sir, you are awesome.

Thread Information