5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Issues with 5e displaying wrong output of advantage/ disadvantage.

here is an example of that happening. it will display the advantage number in green. but the output number or the one that counts to the side will be used by FG as the answer. the dropped one will be used instead of the actual number here is an example. Screenshot_16.png the same happens with disadvantage too. Screenshot_18.png .

or am i reading this incorrectly?

How advantage/disadvantage is displayed could certainly be cleaned up. It should clearly show both rolls, some 5e abilities need to know both results even.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf_Boy View Post
    How advantage/disadvantage is displayed could certainly be cleaned up. It should clearly show both rolls, some 5e abilities need to know both results even.
    or being able to scroll your mouse over the dis/ adv results to see the results of each dice.

The issue is that FGC can not display dice that are not included in the total; and while FGU now can; they used shared code for implementing rulesets. Trying to split the ruleset code is something for down the road.

My installation is not doing that. Are you sure that your installation is up to date? Can you ensure that you don't have any folders in your rulesets subfolder in FGU data folder?

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The issue is that FGC can not display dice that are not included in the total; and while FGU now can; they used shared code for implementing rulesets. Trying to split the ruleset code is something for down the road.

My installation is not doing that. Are you sure that your installation is up to date? Can you ensure that you don't have any folders in your rulesets subfolder in FGU data folder?

Regards,
    JPG
    i have no folders installed in the game rulesets. Screenshot_19.png

I have the latest version Screenshot_20.png

in your photo example is says in the disadvantage it dropped 5 so im presuming it was another 5? because you cant see for sure.

What does the chat window read right after you start your campaign where that happened? It seems like there's some old code running somewhere. (Ruleset not updated correctly by updater, extensions, etc.) Just trying to figure out where that is.

JPG

I can confirm it works fine for me (latest build, 5e) - rolled 1/11 for the advantage roll and 1/15 for the disadvantage roll.

rolls.png

Blog Entries
    Sounds like an extension issue.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It shows correctly for myself as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    What does the chat window read right after you start your campaign where that happened? It seems like there's some old code running somewhere. (Ruleset not updated correctly by updater, extensions, etc.) Just trying to figure out where that is.

JPG
    how do i find data from a previous game?

Thread Information