DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Personally I don't mind the rolls going into chat, but unlocked would be best IMO.
    How else can I steal my party's random treasure?!

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    Attachment 51378

Here is the deal they are ALL like that. I bet your going to tell me your exported ones say parcel .
    Not by any stretch. I think I set it on some of the tables for specific reasons but not all. I roll on the tables a lot and then build the parcel myself. I didn't like having a zillion parcels around doing this.

I'll probably toggle them all the parcel if there are no near-term plans for them to add export exclusions in CoreRPG for read only.

In the short term you can make a local copy of the table and set it to output to whatever your prefered method is.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Yeah I figured it was going to be a core bug. Hopefully they can exclude the cycler from the being locked.. I'll ask them.

I don't like any multi-step treasure (gems with value variations, rings of spell storing w/spell allocations, swords with intelligence variables, etc.) going to parcel because parcels aren't capable of "grouping" results with the main item. It becomes a chaotic slurry of table results in the parcel with the DM having to back trace what goes with what item from the chat log. This is why nearly all treasure goes to story entries in OSRIC, which does group sub-table results with the main result - very easy to modify the main item that way and drag it over to a parcel.

I'm sure that's a generic feature of parcels and not a 2E feature of parcels, so not a request, but man does it make setting parcel for anything other than dead-simple one-tier table results a PITA.

Quote Originally Posted by EOTB View Post
    I don't like any multi-step treasure (gems with value variations, rings of spell storing w/spell allocations, swords with intelligence variables, etc.) going to parcel because parcels aren't capable of "grouping" results with the main item. It becomes a chaotic slurry of table results in the parcel with the DM having to back trace what goes with what item from the chat log. This is why nearly all treasure goes to story entries in OSRIC, which does group sub-table results with the main result - very easy to modify the main item that way and drag it over to a parcel.

I'm sure that's a generic feature of parcels and not a 2E feature of parcels, so not a request, but man does it make setting parcel for anything other than dead-simple one-tier table results a PITA.
    It should group same items from a multi-nested treasure pile add up, or I thought it did. I don't remember it making a lot of parcels for just 1 roll. I've not tested it in a while so maybe it's been changed in base behavior but ... one table roll shouldn't make more than 1 parcel even if each sub-table has parcel set ... as the only one that matters is the table you're rolling on.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

It all goes in one parcel, that's correct. What I mean is: say you roll on the gem table, which consults the gem variance table for each gem rolled. You don't get "Gem + variance results" nested together; you get a half dozen gem types, and a half dozen variance results, all thrown into one parcel as if each die roll were a "treasure item". So you have to go back and cross-reference the variance die rolls in the chat log anyway. Then you can see that the ruby's variance roll was a "4", which spit a result of "no variance" into your parcel, while the pearl had a variance roll of 8, which increased its value by one step and told the table to roll again with a result of "6" which which doubled its (stepped-up) value.

But the raw parcel created would just show a ruby, a pearl, a "no change", a "increased by one step", and a "value doubled" - each as individual pieces of "treasure".

Quote Originally Posted by EOTB View Post
    It all goes in one parcel, that's correct. What I mean is: say you roll on the gem table, which consults the gem variance table for each gem rolled. You don't get "Gem + variance results" nested together; you get a half dozen gem types, and a half dozen variance results, all thrown into one parcel as if each die roll were a "treasure item". So you have to go back and cross-reference the variance die rolls in the chat log anyway. Then you can see that the ruby's variance roll was a "4", which spit a result of "no variance" into your parcel, while the pearl had a variance roll of 8, which increased its value by one step and told the table to roll again with a result of "6" which which doubled its (stepped-up) value.

But the raw parcel created would just show a ruby, a pearl, a "no change", a "increased by one step", and a "value doubled" - each as individual pieces of "treasure".
    Yeah, the gem mechanics basically require it's own special code to work. I did add a new table type "@### gp" that will create a item of that value now but I've not looked at how it would change the old tables. I know for a fact it would be very useful for the art and static items that have variance in costs.
    ---

I might be wrong but some of the magical weapons don’t seem to have damage and such assigned to them when I last looked, particularly the sword that gives bonus vs. Shapeshifters, since I was looking it up to see how to give a weapon a bonus vs undead

Quote Originally Posted by TheButterdragon View Post
    I might be wrong but some of the magical weapons don’t seem to have damage and such assigned to them when I last looked, particularly the sword that gives bonus vs. Shapeshifters, since I was looking it up to see how to give a weapon a bonus vs undead
    Correct, not every weapon type was populated with all it's effects. Mostly due to the variances. Swords versus XXXX or Sword of Slaying XXXX.
    ---

The Barbarian advancement section seems to have none of their abilities tied to it (ie granting them back detection, fighter bonus to health etc.).

Thread Information