Page 1 of 2 12 Last

work in process - castle map

still a ways to go, but looking for helpful input

Attachment 16827

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Royalwolf View Post
    still a ways to go, but looking for helpful input

Attachment 16827
    It looks good! If I could give any input, it is to just remember to have spots for everything you would need to run a castle, but it looks like you might have the covered already.
    Check out my art albums on FG!
    I own an Ultimate License, all WOTC D&D stuffs, and the SW rules.

granary storage, stables, bakehouse, blacksmith, kitchen, pantry, buttery/wine storage, chapel, well....

Blog Entries
    Got a place to potty? Lol oh, fuel storage! For the smithy and fireplaces.

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyFan View Post
    Got a place to potty? Lol oh, fuel storage! For the smithy and fireplaces.
    Garderobes typically hung off the walls.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Garderobes typically hung off the walls.
    Got it. Though if I ever play with you, mark the landing square so I know where NOT to scale.

i'll place mine on the Cliffside of the castle

Blog Entries
    Nice work.

Questions or comments to consider;
    - Not sure there would be grass in the long passage between the gates. Would it get any sunlight? Might wat to make it cobblestone or dirt/mud.
    - The flooring of the 4 towers doesn't look consistent. I like the shadows in the bottom right, but not sure why it flares wide like that.
    - The weapons would look better on racks, but I don't know if there is a symbol for that or if you would want to try to make any.
    - I would think the shadows at the foot of the tower ladders might be an area of brightness, implying that the hatch is open and letting in sunlight. Though you might have a small shadow for the ladder inside the larger sunlit area. Something to consider when you look at all for towers and the comment above.
    - The tables in the private dining room are pretty crowded.
    - Sconces, lamps and light sources inside are missing. (Note they can be a lot of work to do...)
    - Are there two chapels?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for sharing

I think this is very good. There is a danger (and I know this because I do it all the time) of putting in too much detail. What you have here is a battlemap, and for that all you really need is a bunch of rooms, doors and the FG grid. You don't need a great deal of fancy shading, nor do you need to fill everything with furniture and the layout doesn't even need to make sense. You aren't creating a piece of art here you are creating a place where battles are fought. Additionally the more stuff and effects you cram in the bigger the (memory) size of the map is going to be.

Having said that some furniture is good so that battles are more interesting with difficult terrain or a source of improvised weapons and if there are things like treasures for the players to find I do like to have these visually represented.

But, remember you don't need too much detail and most players (unlike LordEntrails ) aren't going to notice most of it anyway.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information