STAR TREK 2d20

View Poll Results: Do you like the separate DC fields for each roll type

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I wish there was just one number (could be on the sheet multiple places)

15 23.08%
  • Yes, I like setting it for a specific type and leaving it

39 60.00%
  • Yes, but I would give it up to have DC fields on each of the expander trays

11 16.92%
Page 16 of 49 First ... 6141516171826 ... Last
    I agree about a short video helping with adoption.

Quote Originally Posted by devilspork View Post
    Love the extension. 5e game last night was throwing errors while trying to use hidden rolls. Will have to do some investigating to see if it was a conflicting extension or related to the dice tower issue mentioned above.

I think a lot of the comments since V2 are because V1 was pretty self explanatory just looking at the window. V2 would probably benefit from a quick 3 minute video on how to use it.
    I also found you may need to close the window and reopen it. Mine seem to have the older version still running (I do use FGTabber though). Might consider deleting the ext and redownloading it from the forge. Many people are having issues with versions conflicting. I did just test it again and hidden rolls are working in 5e.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I also found you may need to close the window and reopen it. Mine seem to have the older version still running (I do use FGTabber though). Might consider deleting the ext and redownloading it from the forge. Many people are having issues with versions conflicting. I did just test it again and hidden rolls are working in 5e.
    Deleted extension, re-downloaded. Still getting error. No extensions loaded other than Requested Rolls.
    rr error1.PNG

Deleted extension, re-downloaded. Still getting error. No extensions loaded other than Requested Rolls.
    rr error1.PNG
    Just a quick question, you aren't by any chance launching from a hot-key are you? I was and all sorts of weirdness was happening, then I deleted the Request Rolls hotkey (which had been placed with the last version of the extension), dragged the Request Roll button down from the side bar to the same hot-key, launched it from there and all became good. No idea what was going on, but it sorted it for me.

Cheers,

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Just a quick question, you aren't by any chance launching from a hot-key are you? I was and all sorts of weirdness was happening, then I deleted the Request Rolls hotkey (which had been placed with the last version of the extension), dragged the Request Roll button down from the side bar to the same hot-key, launched it from there and all became good. No idea what was going on, but it sorted it for me.

Cheers,

Simon
    No. Just from the sidebar icon. In case it wasn't clear, the first 3 rolls were attempted as hidden, the last was visible to PC.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    When you select the option to hide roll results, you get:
    [ERROR] Unknown special message type received. (RRdicetower)

So far the only bug I have found.

Edit: It appears if the dice tower is not on then a reboot is needed. It seems to be working now.
    I know what caused this. I am initializing the message handler in the wrong place. As a work around, send a popup to a character controlled by the GM before sending one to the players. This only has to be done once per session.
    Last edited by mccartysr; December 18th, 2021 at 17:02. Reason: add once per session

rr error1.PNG
    I might have only tested checks and not saves. I am glad it was easy to identify.

Quote Originally Posted by srmccarty View Post
    - I announced about two weeks ago back in post #89, which you responded to, that I was using the built in manual rolls window to display rolls. You made your opposition to the main interface clear, but said nothing about the rolls in particular. I made the assumption that it was not causing concern to you. I am sorry this came as a surprise. Also, I don't see the issue with letting people manually roll. If they do, it clearly states in the roll result that it was a "[MANUAL ROLL]". This is a built in CoreRPG feature that I am using. There are three buttons on the player side roll. One is an "X", which FG uses to indicate close. One is a die, which FG uses to indicate rolls. One is "OK", which I did find a little confusing the first time I saw the interface, but I was quickly able to determine the function by clicking it once. If you have new players, I would recommend telling them that OK means the manual roll and the die has the roll go like normal.

- I can confirm that targeted saves are working as expected on host and client side. An NPC or PC forcing a saving throw causes a popup for any user that has turned on that option. I think the issue is something with your setup.

- I brought the buttons back, so I am not sure what your concerns are on the GM side. I really though that would meet your desires. The old interface was inextricably tied to the code that was causing conflicts, so I changed it to fix the issues. If you decide to come back, let me know and I would be happy to work on compatibility with the conflicting authors.

First off, I want to say thank you so much for your hard work and taking this over.

I want to say do not confuse my straightforward opinion with me being upset with you, my way of playing the game, using EXTs, and etc, is just that an opinion on how I play. Not everyone is going to be the same. What is good for you and others might not be good for me, or what is good for me might not be good for others. I want to give you my feedback so you can have it to make your choices.

-When you announced about 2 weeks ago in post #89, I only had a few pictures to look at, there was no real way for me to know what you meant when you said you were going to use the manual roll window, to me it was an incomplete interface. I thought it was still a work in progress.

-Yes targeted saves are working however, they are forcing a manual roll option, not the pop up box like before where it was super easy for a player to click and it would roll the save, now they have to choose which thing they want to do with 2-3 very small buttons and are kinda confusing. (As most people have never used manual rolls in the first place)

-I'm working on whittling down what is causing the errors of it not popping up like it used too, however, as I stated before I'm likely to just not use this ext. The changes being made are going in a very different direction than I would like and why I got RFIA++ in the first place.

Just found your extension in the Forge and am trying it out in PFRPG2.

I have one error and one question.

The error. When I click on the eye to hide roll results as soon as the player clicks the dice button to roll, the chat on the player's FGU shows [ABILITY] Strength Check [1d20] and the GM gets a console error
    Handler error: [string "roll/scriptsw/rr_manualroll_entry.lua"]:86: attempt to index global 'DiceTowerManager' (a nil value)

The Question: in PF2e I have Lore skills that I can enter manually. e.g. Lore Library and these can be trained, expert, master, etc.
    But when I enter then as an additional skill in the other tab how can I tell your extension which ability is used as a modifier and where does it pickup if it is trained, etc?
    “He says gods like having an atheist around. Gives them something to aim at.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Small Gods

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    The changes being made are going in a very different direction than I would like and why I got RFIA++ in the first place.
    Unfortunately, this is true for me as well.

Thread Information