STAR TREK 2d20
Page 24 of 28 First ... 142223242526 ... Last

Thread: Effects library

Is there a way to have a ray of enfeeblement type effect, of Strength Damage -1d6+4? I have tried various combinations of ABIL: -1d6 strength AND ABIL; DMG -1d6+4 strength and other slight variations on those and nothing seems to provide me with what I am looking for. Many thanks in advance for any advice on this.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom View Post
    Is there a way to have a ray of enfeeblement type effect, of Strength Damage -1d6+4? I have tried various combinations of ABIL: -1d6 strength AND ABIL; DMG -1d6+4 strength and other slight variations on those and nothing seems to provide me with what I am looking for. Many thanks in advance for any advice on this.
    Nope. As you can see from the effects Wiki page, abilities are only modifiable by a number (N) - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ects#Modifiers

Handle it manually, roll the dice and apply the relevant effect based off the result.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe, I thought that was the deal but figured I'd ask to make sure.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Hi,
    Is it possible to have an effect for the class features of the cavalier called Challenge ?
    I don't know what to do for this one : The cavalier takes a –2 penalty to his Armor Class, except against attacks made by the target of his challenge....
    Thank you for your help.

Hi

I guess this can not be done without manually tweaking it While the challenge give him two effects: One general "AC: -2" and then an effect "AC: 2" but with target which will be the same target as of his challenge (you can give AC effects a target to which opponents they apply to, use the target button on the right hand side of the effect in the CT) Alternatively give him only "AC: -2" but with multiple targets, i.e. the targets are everyone except the target of his challenge But depending on the number of opponents the first solution might be faster

Best,

Kelrugem

You are welcome

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Hi

I guess this can not be done without manually tweaking it While the challenge give him two effects: One general "AC: -2" and then an effect "AC: 2" but with target which will be the same target as of his challenge (you can give AC effects a target to which opponents they apply to, use the target button on the right hand side of the effect in the CT) Alternatively give him only "AC: -2" but with multiple targets, i.e. the targets are everyone except the target of his challenge But depending on the number of opponents the first solution might be faster

Best,

Kelrugem
    I've never tried this, but if possible maybe three effects something like:

On the paladin
    AC:-2
    IFT (custom Challenge) AC:2

On the challenged NPC'
    Custom (Challenged)

I know my IFT and Custom syntax is completely wrong, and I don't know if IFT works in that direction or not... But, it's the only thing even close I can think of.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I've never tried this, but if possible maybe three effects something like:

On the paladin
    AC:-2
    IFT (custom Challenge) AC:2

On the challenged NPC'
    Custom (Challenged)

I know my IFT and Custom syntax is completely wrong, and I don't know if IFT works in that direction or not... But, it's the only thing even close I can think of.
    Besides the syntax (as you mentioned, too ) this should work, too, I guess Basically the targeting for effects is something like introducing a custom variable and giving this hidden custom variable to the effect-targeted opponent, in abstract sense I prefer the Custom syntax when this is an effect which one wants to keep always (because it is often important) but one is too lazy to turn it off again and again when the effect should not apply (because e.g. the AC effect starts to apply always when there is no effect-target). I do not know the mechanics of this "challenge"; when this often happens then your method is indeed better because then it is easier to keep it in the CT Thanks for mentioning it

Hello!

In the most current game I played a 3.5 Cleric with access tio Divine Power. However, me and my DM were not able how to apply the BAB replacement of this spell through effects.
    Does any of you know a way, maybe?

Thread Information