FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 18 of 23 First ... 81617181920 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Hi Danny! That's really interesting, thanks for clarifying that. I haven't ever seen that format on archives of nethys, but you're saying it's written that way in the book?
    If so, I'll definitely look at adding support for HD counts written that way.
    Here is an example from Nethys: Winter Witch Cold Sister

Even if you modified the extension to work with this format, it would still be wrong for FGU however. While you don't see the problem with the normal HP option (as it takes the HP from the hit points line), if a GM selects "max HP" or "random HP" in the options, the line with the 9HD will cause a math problem (as FGU will add that 9 to the HP).

9HD; 5d8+4d10+59 -> Max = 139 but will show as 148 due to the extraneous 9HD in the line.

I know that I edited these cases out of all the content I developed. Hopefully others did too and this is just a rare case of it left in.

It's probably just better for the OP to report the issue as a bug for the DLC product that has the issue or to just edit out the extraneous information as you originally suggested.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

I just posted a new build that should allow HD entered in that manner.
    Also, I noticed and fixed a bug that made NPC hitpoints calculate incorrectly (when NPC hit points window was opened from the NPC list rather than the combat tracker).

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    It's probably just better for the OP to report the issue as a bug for the DLC product that has the issue or to just edit out the extraneous information as you originally suggested.
    Where would I do that? The general bug thread, or is there a way to report specific module bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by drakir View Post
    Where would I do that? The general bug thread, or is there a way to report specific module bugs?
    There are forum threads inside each Game System forum labeled like "DLC bug tracker", "system bug reporting" or the like.

For Pathfinder 1e material, it is here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Report-Thread (though I am unsure if that is only official Paizo content or if it includes third-party modules). I think people also report Pathfinder 1e types of issues under the Pathfinder 1e game system forum.

If you do report a bug for the module developer to fix, please give appropriate details: What adventure module/book, what creature has the issue, what the issues is. It is always helpful to provide screenshots when appropriate. Generally, the official Pathfinder content gets fixed pretty frequently when bugs are reported. I'm not sure about third-party material.

In any case, it looks like bmos fixed the live hitpoints extension anyway so the bug will affect only those options of max hp and random hp (not standard). Fixes are not always instant so you might want to just change it locally for your game in case the fix doesn't happen before you need it.
    Last edited by sciencephile; December 2nd, 2021 at 21:50.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

I just added a fix for that stock behavior into this extension

And I actually set this extension up to share a link to the bug report thread in the chat when it detects a problem with the hit dice field.
    If you see that error in chat you can just click the little smiteworks icon (if using the corerpg theme) or the paizo icon (if using pathfinder theme) and it will take you to the bug report thread.
    Last edited by bmos; December 3rd, 2021 at 18:32.

Seems to be having a problem with hit points updating correctly on undead (possibly) in FGU. Subscribed to Forge. Looks like I needed to update. Fixed!
    Last edited by dellanx; December 7th, 2021 at 01:50.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Similar problem

Me again.
    Same NPC, same module, slightly different behaviour.
    So the problem happened with the "stock" NPC stat block, that is "9HD; 5d8+4d10+59"
    Clever me, I edited the NPC and removed the "9HD; " from the stat block.
    Same problem.
    NPC comes into combat tracker with 103hp, but if I go into the breakdown window, she loses a whack of hp.
    New screenshot attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Nice, thanks a lot I figured that it may be easy to do, but the only problem may be that the temp HP each round would always stack instead of taking the biggest value (if from same source); but I may have already an idea for that

(and I also did a pull request on GitHub for the next patch: https://github.com/Kelrugem/Extended...verlays/pull/2 Is there an intelligent way to merge two different pull request before merging into the main branch? )
    Hi Kel
    There is another extension I use that has just added the temporary hit points each round request I made, but this also has the problem that is stacks with itself.
    I just wanted to let you know that "rhagelstrom" has added it.

Better combat effects:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post603895

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Hi Kel
    There is another extension I use that has just added the temporary hit points each round request I made, but this also has the problem that is stacks with itself.
    I just wanted to let you know that "rhagelstrom" has added it.

Better combat effects:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post603895
    Thanks, I heard of it I may still add it though because I basically have already an idea for the stacking stuff etc. I will see

Thanks for letting me know

Quote Originally Posted by drakir View Post
    Me again.
    Same NPC, same module, slightly different behaviour.
    So the problem happened with the "stock" NPC stat block, that is "9HD; 5d8+4d10+59"
    Clever me, I edited the NPC and removed the "9HD; " from the stat block.
    Same problem.
    NPC comes into combat tracker with 103hp, but if I go into the breakdown window, she loses a whack of hp.
    New screenshot attached.
    I'm not seeing this issue, so maybe there is another extension that it's incompatible with.
    Have you tried reverting changes on that NPC before adding to combat tracker?
    Last edited by bmos; December 18th, 2021 at 19:15.

Thread Information