DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Non-Lethal curing

Hi, i'm trying to build an effect for curing Non-Lethal damage. As per the Calming touch domain power.

You can touch a creature as a standard action to heal it of 1d6 points of nonlethal damage + 1 point per cleric level.

The issue i'm having is two fold.
    Under the Healing parser, I can heal HP or Temp. NL is neither of those.
    If I put a damage type in, make it NL, it does the damage to NL only (so that seems fixed from other posts i've seen regarding.) but if I change the damage to negative, to make it in effect healing, it heals both NL and HP.

Heal [3 (+3 NL)] -> [to ]

So is it a bug or am I just not able to use the spell effects to heal NL and have to do it manually? It comes up so rarely it's not a big deal but was just curious why it was doing both when I've got it set to NL type. (Which works correctly as damage.)

Thanks.

There is no specific mechanism in the ruleset to only heal nonlethal damage; so you'd have to manage that manually. (i.e. make the roll without targeting; and apply the rulesets)

Regards,
    JPG

Ok thanks, seems odd since there is specifically a domain power called Calming touch that does explicitly that ;-)

Oh as a follow up, if I set the damage to positive it only does NL, it's only when I set it to negative that it does both... so that does seem off doesn't it?

I just suggested a change to Kelrugem's Extended Automation extensions which would add this.
    He's a bit behind in working on it due to moving internationally, learning a new language, and getting used to a new job, so don't expect it all that soon lol
    https://github.com/Kelrugem/Extended...erlays/pull/19

Pathfinder (and 3.5E) have so many rules that fully automating all possible things would be a seriously massive undertaking which they aren't prepared to do.
    SmiteWorks devs for 3.5E have said they aim for "80% automation" meaning the most common/important 80% of things should be automated.
    Beyond that you typically need an extension (or to just handle it manually which often makes more sense).
    Last edited by bmos; July 15th, 2022 at 14:48.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I just suggested a change to Kelrugem's Extended Automation extensions which would add this.
    He's a bit behind in working on it due to moving internationally, learning a new language, and getting used to a new job, so don't expect it all that soon lol
    https://github.com/Kelrugem/Extended...erlays/pull/19
    Thank you so much for your pull requests ) I try to look at these soon (and "soon" is hopefully really "soon" )

Ok will give it a test, thanks mucho.

Thread Information