DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: FGU on Linux

So, what are your plans for loading up assets and things like that? do we just load them up into the wine virtual windows box? Is there a way to access linux file structure while working inside of FGU?

Quote Originally Posted by ChefboyArdy View Post
    So, what are your plans for loading up assets and things like that? do we just load them up into the wine virtual windows box? Is there a way to access linux file structure while working inside of FGU?

Exactly right.
    For a PlayOnLinux installation, my campaigns are here - you'll have to adapt this path with your username (mine's leslie) and "bottle" name (mine's FGU_2):
    /home/leslie/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/FGU_2/drive_c/users/leslie/Application Data/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns

Quote Originally Posted by ChefboyArdy View Post
    FYI - just got it working on my Manjaro 19.02 using lutris wine setup thanks to some help here in this thread. Had to manually install corefonts but after that so far so good. My crappy windows 10 box loaded up the tutorial campaign in 9 minutes (i timed it), my linux box did it in 15 seconds.
    Wow. My game seems sluggish on Linux but I've nothing to compare it to.

I have the exact opposite experience - it runs better on my linuxbox then my latop, also it seems I can only pull up the directories from with in FGU - if I try and go to them through my linux file manager which for me is /home/keith/games/FGU//Drive_c/users/keith/app data .ect all the folders are empty.....so i have to go through a clunk process of copying the files from the fgu folder which seems odd to me....

Huh, trying this again, all I get is this error during update:
    FGU_Error.png

I've tried reinstalling and still get the same. And when I click Ok I get:
    FGU_Error_2.png

Looks like something not implemented in Wine. I might try a newer version.

Hmm, no, Wine 5.11 is not working either. Same errors

The implementation of ntdll in Wine has been undergoing a significant rewrite. IIRC 5.7 was the last version before that started. A whole TON of stuff is broken because of it. You'd likely be best off to revert to there.

I was able to install play on linux and then used wine 5.x I got all the way to the part where I can select my application but then I get the error where ieframe.dll is missing. I can't run the FantasyGroundUpdater.exe because that one file is missing. Even when I go in and do the configure wine option and add the ieframe.dll in dll overrides it still doesn't change anything in the debug output which states that it can't be found. I downloaded the dll manually and dropped it in the managed file or where all the other dll's are located. That worked but then all the text was gone from the buttons.

Edit: I tried with wine 4.21 using play on linux and get the same error
    Last edited by Holo74; July 28th, 2020 at 19:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo74 View Post
    I was able to install play on linux and then used wine 5.x I got all the way to the part where I can select my application but then I get the error where ieframe.dll is missing. I can't run the FantasyGroundUpdater.exe because that one file is missing. Even when I go in and do the configure wine option and add the ieframe.dll in dll overrides it still doesn't change anything in the debug output which states that it can't be found. I downloaded the dll manually and dropped it in the managed file or where all the other dll's are located. That worked but then all the text was gone from the buttons.

Look at the earlier posts - installing corefonts seems to take care of the no-text-in-buttons problem. If that doesn't work try emulating a desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo74 View Post

Ah, thanks for that. I've given up on FGU for now and gone back to the legacy program. But this is good to know for if I try again.

Thread Information