DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    VenomousFiligree
    Some people have likened the PHB, DMG and MM to advanced D&D as the free pdf is Basic D&D (possibly Mike Mearls himself?).

VenomousFiligree
    Oh, and release dates could be up to two weeks earlier at select WPN stores.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VenomousFiligree View Post
    Some people have likened the PHB, DMG and MM to advanced D&D as the free pdf is Basic D&D (possibly Mike Mearls himself?).
    From Mr. Mearls posts on the WotC and WotC Twitter sites, I understood that the three core rulebooks expanded the D&D Starter Set which contains 4 races and 4 classes. The rules of D&D per se do not change in PHB, the races and classes are are simply expanded to offer more options. I understood D&D Basic to be the core mechanics for D&D, given away for free, to encourage more people to start playing D&D. Therefore I do not believe WotC plan to release an Advanced D&D set of rules or at least there does not seem to be any current evidence that points to it.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

VenomousFiligree
    Zeus, I was saying that the PHB, DMG and MM have been likened to an Advanced D&D in that they contained more rules than Basic D&D.

VenomousFiligree
    From the transcript here.

MM: No. Keeping simplest expression of the game possible. Full game is like "AD&D" as opposed to the "Basic" D&D.

I think I misunderstood the Q&A video. I thought they were saying the PHB has basic rules but they were talking about the starter set and I assumed their would be an Advanced book later from that. I got my hopes up I guess.
    FGU Ultimate

There will be a PDF that is updated with free basic rules released alongside the starter set and three rule books. The first one should come out around July 3rd with character creation from 1-20 for fighter, cleric, wizard, and rogues (only one option for each I think) as well as a background for each class and 4 races.

Thread Information