FG Spreadshirt Swag

End of Session - chronicle data collection sheet

The idea has been floated recently of making a form-fillable PDF that will aid the GM in collecting all of the information needed to produce an accurate chronicle sheet quickly and easily after a PFS session has been completed.

The idea is that the following will occur at the end of a PFS game:
    1. The GM fills out the template pre-chronicle fillable PDF form with all of the details regarding the scenario - gold gained, prestige gained, items available for purchase.
    2. The GM makes the template pre-chronicle available to the players.
    3. Each player fills out the various pieces of the form: player name, PC name, PFS number & PC #, Faction; Chronicle #, Starting XP, Starting Fame and Prestige, Starting Gold, Day Job roll, items sold, items purchased.
    4. The template pre-chronicle will do all of the calculations to give final XP, Prestige, Fame & Gold.
    5. The player sends their completed template pre-chronicle form back to the GM.
    6. The GM quickly and easily fills out the end chronicle sheet - all of the info needed is available (with auto calculations) in the template pre-chronicle sheet.

I've attached a form fillable PDF that can be filled out by both the GM and the player, and also an example of a fully completed template pre-chronicle.

I've based this form off the season 4 chronicle as this has a section for sales and purchases (which the season 5 chronicle does not) and so this can help with auto GP calculations. The chronicles over the different seasons have had different formats (fame not on earlier seasons, prestige/fame reversed from season 3/4 to 5, etc.) so I don't think there is any specific one sheet that would be in a similar format to any of the chronicles, but I think that it is good to base the form off a format that is familiar to the players.

I'm completely open to feedback/suggestions on this form.

This is a completely optional form to use - there is no requirement that GMs/Players have to use this form.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 18th, 2014 at 19:08.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It has been suggested that the form merge aspects of season 5 - out-of-subtier calculations, for example; which I will look into...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That's cool, thanks Trenloe. I guess the out of subtier etc could just go in the top bit. It would be nice if it did the out of subtier calculations as earlier chronicles don't list it. Its just a nice to have though - it works great as it is

I used this form for my last game and it was much easier and quicker to get the chronicles done.
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    That's cool, thanks Trenloe. I guess the out of subtier etc could just go in the top bit. It would be nice if it did the out of subtier calculations as earlier chronicles don't list it. Its just a nice to have though - it works great as it is
    I'm hoping to be able to have out-of-subtier gold calculated and also a check box that auto populates the gold based off tier/out-of-subtier and normal/slow track. I just need to spend some time in Adobe Acrobat playing around with the form layout and calculations...

Just wanted to drop in here. I have been following the lack of games here on FG for some time, but was not aware that it had stemmed from this chronicle issue. I apologize that it has taken me this long to even show up on this topic :
    Trenloe, this thing is fantastic. Do you mind if I use it for my own games? With the fame boxes and the day job rolls, it really is quite good and utilitarian.

Quote Originally Posted by wvpolarbear View Post
    Trenloe, this thing is fantastic. Do you mind if I use it for my own games? With the fame boxes and the day job rolls, it really is quite good and utilitarian.
    Sure - the more the merrier.

Great - I am glad that this has the support of the Online VO's.

I am wondering whether it would improve the turnaround if the players had them to fill out during the session? - they could add purchases etc to the sheet as they go along and also ask if they have questions filling it out. It may make it easier to get them back to the gms quickly at the end of the session, which would be good for the con. The gm would have to post the rewards at the end (in fg chat and on the forum).

I don't feel strongly either way though
    Last edited by Skellan; March 29th, 2014 at 22:48.
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Thread Information