FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 56 of 76 First ... 646545556575866 ... Last
    I cant connect to my friends game...….this is all it ever does. and firewall is down and app is fully updated......idk what else to do

[5/14/2020 9:14:13 PM] FGU v4.0.0 FREE (2020-05-14)
    [5/14/2020 9:14:13 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [5/14/2020 9:14:31 PM] Resolving named connection to server. [stephensanders89]
    [5/14/2020 9:14:31 PM] Attempting resolved connection to server. [68.183.117.123:49168]
    [5/14/2020 9:14:35 PM] Attempting authorization. [Scottimus3 - DIRECT]
    [5/14/2020 9:19:12 PM] Network setup cancelled by user.
    [5/14/2020 9:19:54 PM] Attempting direct connection to server. [147.253.242.134:1802]
    Scottimus

I don't know if this helps but here are the ports during the Fantasy Grounds test.

You can see FG accessing the correct port during the test but then the test fails.

testport.JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Fantasy Grounds Classic uses UDP not TCP.
    FGU = UDP
    FGC = TCP

(Not that Damned doesn't know this, but for anyone else sees his typo)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    JollyClaret

Can you create a new rule in your AV/FW software that accepts incoming TCP 1802 from any/every where?
    If you have another PC in the house can you try and connect to the main PC on the 192.168.1.15 IP address?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    JollyClaret

Can you create a new rule in your AV/FW software that accepts incoming TCP 1802 from any/every where?
    If you have another PC in the house can you try and connect to the main PC on the 192.168.1.15 IP address?
    I added it here
    betwirjoirt.JPG
    I don't have another PC only a Chromebook and an android phone and tablet so nothing that really supports FG so I can't test LAN.

Since the issue persisted with both my firewall and AV disabled I doubt it has something to do with those.

I would love some assistance with this. I've spent probably close to 12 hours over the last 3 days reading the forums, watching youtube videos, and trying everything I could to get this connection working. It fails connection tests and outside players cannot connect. canyouseeme.org cannot see the port when the server is up. I have even tried using ZeroTier One and players cannot connect via that way either. any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Your LAN IP Address

2. The first two sets (octects) of your WAN IP as displayed by Fantasy Grounds and as displayed by your Router

3. Whether you are using Wired or Wireless (and not both)
    Issue persists on both
    I am predominantly (and would prefer to continue) to use wireless

4. Confirmation that you have set your Adapter in Network and Sharing Centre to Private
    Confirmed this is set to PRIVATE

5. Confirmation of what AV you are running and whether you have set any exceptions
    windows defender
    images attached

6. Post the results of the tracert 8.8.8.8 command (if you have security concerns you can remove this bit once its been responded to)
    images attached

7. Confirmation as to what you have setup in your Router if changes have been made
    images attached

8. Confirmation you do or do not have any Virtualisation NICs
    confirmed no virtual NICs enabled

Side Note:
    ISP: Spectrum
    Can I connect with LAN? - Yes
    My roommate hosts games using a different PC and the same players can connect over WAN to his PC
    I've also tried it with defender off and still get the same results

Last edited by Joestradamis; May 16th, 2020 at 15:24. Reason: updated info

Blog Entries
    You can generally only port forward to one IP address, so if your room mate can succeed, it might be the forwarding rules.

Can they connect to your game while on the same network?

If you are changing where the port forward goes to whenever you switch running the games, are you rebooting the router each time? That helps sometimes.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joestradamis View Post
    My roommate hosts games using a different PC and the same players can connect over WAN to his PC
    I've also tried it with defender off and still get the same results
    As Myrdinn indicates, this is the issue. If your room mate has setup port forwarding then you will have to update the rule depending upon which of you is hosting a game. You will not be able to both host games at the same time unless one of you uses a VPN.

If your room mate has not setup port forwarding (and no port forwarding was setup) then it your modem/router is using UPnP to automatically port forward as needed. But, it can only do this to one computer, and depending upon your router it might not switch the rule to your computer until an hour later /day later/ router reboot passes.

The easiest way is to reboot the router, then try your connection test (but don't have your roommate start FG!)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Can they connect to your game while on the same network?
    Yes, we are able to connect locally

If you are changing where the port forward goes to whenever you switch running the games, are you rebooting the router each time? That helps sometimes.
    Originally, the port forwarding was set up for his IP. That was one of the first things we discovered and we thought that would fix t immediately. Sadly it did not.
    Rebooting the router after changing the pf address did not work either.

I also just renewed my VPN account that had lapsed and tried to run it while having someone connect.. that failed as well, and my roommate was also unable to connect via LAN or WAN after I enabled the VPN

Thread Information