DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 10 First ... 678910 Last
    Excellent. I love this extension. I used it last night for my one-shot and I need to watch the video again to confirm, but I think the only other issue I saw (and my players saw) was that it seemed to sometimes roll concentration checks for players who took damage regardless of whether or not they actually were concentrating on anything. So, it didn't really affect anything as no effects were removed in these instances, it was just odd. I don't think it was 100% either. I believe it happened only in the same round that another player actually was concentrating. It was almost like if one player was concentrating and the extension triggered a roll, then anytime another player in that round took damage, an auto-concentration roll occurred for each player, without regard to whether they were concentrating.

I know that doesn't help a ton! I'll try and recreate this with the console on and post the results.
    Live stream: https://www.twitch.tv/gwydione
    Youtube replays of fg sessions and tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQr...bIpAauZB41z8gA

Free stuff:
    D&D5e FAQ module for fg: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/196704/FAQs
    FG 5e Module Conversions: https://tinyurl.com/y6awo2la
    Map Maker Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y3awlo4b
    Roll Player Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/y399kffz
    Rangers of Shadow Deep Conversion: https://tinyurl.com/rnyrgwg

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The extension should probably be checking every creature in the combat tracker to see if they have any effects containing "(C)" and originating from the damaged creature (including itself).

That's how I would approach it.

Regards,
    JPG
    That's exactly how it works.

I've fixed the bug that requires the caster to have targets before the extension will auto-roll saves. I've posted a new version in the first post.

Tutorial: How to use the 5E Concentration Extension

First hit the load campaign button:

Attachment 19544

Select the campaign you want to load by clicking on it. Then below the campaign list find "Concentration 5E" and click the little circle to the left of it. After that click "Start"

After the campaign loads, click the gear button on the top right to open the settings:

Attachment 19545

Scroll down to the "Combat (GM)" section and find "Auto-Roll Concentration saves". You can set this to either "notify" or "auto-roll".

Now have each player add ";(c)" to their spells and powers that require concentration.

When set to notify

When it is set to "notify" any time a character that has used a ";(c)" effect takes damage, the GM will be notified with a popup window that asks whether the extension should remove the effects. This is so that groups that like to house rule or manually roll can do so before the GM decides to remove the concentration effects. The GM will also be notified with the popup if the character's hit points are 0.

When set to auto-roll

When it is set to "auto-roll" any time a character that used a ";(c)" effect takes damage, the extension will automatically roll the concentration save and if it fails it will remove all effects added by that character that have ";(c)" in them. The effects will also be removed if that character is reduced to 0 hit points.

Automatically adding in bonuses/penalties or Advantage/Disadvantage to auto-rolled saving throws (Optional)

If a character has a power called "concentration", when the extension auto-rolls the concentration saving throw it will automatically apply the effects in that power to the character. Please note that you should have the concentration power effects set to [SELF] and [ROLL] like this:

Attachment 19546

That way they are set to the character that is making the concentration save and that they are removed after a single roll. This is completely optional and does nothing if you have the extension set to 'notify'.

Automatically apply the effects of a power when you auto-roll a concentration save (Optional)

If you want the effects of a power to be automatically applied to the character that is making the concentration saving throw, first make a power and call it whatever you want. In this example the power is called bladesong:

Attachment 19547

Then in another power add ";(s)<power name>" where <power name> is the name of the power you just created. Like this:

Attachment 19548

To see this in action, apply the second power you created with ";(s)" in it to your character in the Combat Tracker and have them apply some concentration effect and then take damage.
    Last edited by lokiare; June 25th, 2017 at 23:08.

None of the "Attachment...." seem to be working.

I finally got a chance to try this again, after d/ling version 7. It made the automatic roll if I have something targeted but does not seem to work if I don't have a target selected. When it did roll, it did remove the concentration effect when the roll was a failure.

I have also found something interesting, it does not cause a roll to happen, if the character takes damage when they have temporary hit points and no actual hit point damage is recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by lokiare1 View Post
    I've fixed the bug that requires the caster to have targets before the extension will auto-roll saves. I've posted a new version in the first post.
    I don't think this is fully fixed. The extension still relies on local nTargets = nSource.getChild("targets"); returning a valid nTargets database node. There are cases when the "targets" database node is not present in the FG database.

To recreate - remove every character from the combat tracker, add a couple of characters to the combat tracker, don't do any targeting at all, apply a test concentration effect to one character, drag/drop damage from another to that character. You'll get the following error: Script Error: [string "scripts/ConcManager.lua"]:534: attempt to index local 'nTargets' (a nil value)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Also, I have created the power "Concentration" with the effect "ADVSAV" (set to self). It does make the advantage roll when making the save.

Interesting occurrence while testing this, if I had a target selected originally and later do not have one, it will still make the save roll (as well as the advantage for it) but it sets the character target to itself. I am not sure that is what you intended but something to be aware of. It does not change the character's target if they have something else targeted.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsDen13 View Post
    I have also found something interesting, it does not cause a roll to happen, if the character takes damage when they have temporary hit points and no actual hit point damage is recorded.
    I don't know if it should or not. This is a debate my group has had and I have yet to find a rule reference that says one way or another. I'm sure if I put the right phrases together I would get it. I guess for us it comes down to do temp HP prevent damage?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I don't know if it should or not. This is a debate my group has had and I have yet to find a rule reference that says one way or another. I'm sure if I put the right phrases together I would get it. I guess for us it comes down to do temp HP prevent damage?
    I like what I see online which is quoting the PHB, "Temporary hit points aren't actual hit points; they are a buffer against damage, a pool of hit points that protect you from injury." (page 198 - FG Ch. 9/Damage & Healing). This would indicate to me that they do not require a concentration check but I am sure there are other things that can lean it the other way.

On topic, I really like what you have done with this so far lokiare1. I think this is a nice automation that FG can definitely use to remove the onus from players/dms to remember. This is exactly what I want something like FG to do, remove the tedious bookkeeping of roleplaying and allowing everyone to concentrate on the playing itself. Thank you.

Thread Information