STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Map Size.

Map Size.

So before the latest update, the maps I was making fit perfectly when you shrunk them down to the board on the program, after the update the bar at the top widened and is now cutting off part of my maps. Is there a way to revert the updates or maybe make that bar transparent?

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums.

No, there is not a way to revert the update unless you made system backups yourself. This is a known issue and is being worked by the developers, no ETA but hopefully he next update.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm not sure I'm understanding what bar you are talking about. Perhaps taking a quick snap of that portion of the screen using Windows Snip tool (Window key + Shift + S) and circling that portion, would provide some detail so we can make sure we can answer your question.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I'm not sure I'm understanding what bar you are talking about. Perhaps taking a quick snap of that portion of the screen using Windows Snip tool (Window key + Shift + S) and circling that portion, would provide some detail so we can make sure we can answer your question.

Regards,
    JPG
    As you can see here, The bar that is at the top of the map has cut off part of the bottom part of my map. Before the patch, all my maps fit perfeectly when i set them up like this, Now all of the maps are cut off at the bottom. Sorry about the delayed reply
    Attached Images Attached Images

The bar visibility is by design as a standard feature. It was always supposed to be there to allow access to image/token tools while the map is in the background panel.

You would need to make an extension to "remove" the toolbar.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The bar visibility is by design as a standard feature. It was always supposed to be there to allow access to image/token tools while the map is in the background panel.

You would need to make an extension to "remove" the toolbar.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yes, but my maps where never cut off before this. They always fit perfectly in to the tray. Now after this patch my maps are being cut off, one that fit perfectly in. I would like to know why they are being cut off and if there is a fix coming out for it.

There is no “fix”.

The only way to make it fit exactly is if the aspect ratio of your image exactly matches the aspect ratio of the window. The aspect ratio of the background image panel is determined by the size of the application window minus the toolbar. The fact that it fit at some point in the past is not part of the design being supported. You can change the application window size to change the aspect ratio.

If you’re using any of the built-in FG functionality other than just showing map and tokens; the bar is needed for targeting, drawing and other features. These are used by the vast majority of our users during regular play, which is why they are visible.

Regards,
    JPG

Here's a quick and dirty extension to hide the background image panel toolbars. This is an unsupported extension; and may not work forever. Also, there is no guarantee that your image will suddenly "fit", because as I mentioned, it's completely driven by aspect ratio of image vs. aspect ratio of window.

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information