Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 20 First 123412 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I've got similar concerns as to Mattekure. But I also realize the "challenge" or problem with a subscription that grants back issues and during subscription for future use.

I would suggest consider looking at the ProFantasy/Campaign Cartographer model for their "Annuals". In this case you do not get access to past content, but during the year you are subscribed you get permanent access to everything released during that year. You can then buy past "annuals" so you get the old stuff too.

So, to adjust that to something similar, The old/existing art packs would need to be purchased, then those released during the subscription period would grant permanent access. And you could still give a discount for paying for a year in advance.

Just some thoughts, in case you hadn't thought of them before.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I am very grateful that you decided to provide perpetual licenses and not go into extorsion business. Too much companies go this model, which is no-go for more and more people.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Hehe,

I own those ones listed. Thanks for the links to 'how to use' videos as I need more tutorials.

This is a great idea on the sub but I will continue to purchase outright.

Little confused with this statement. "Since more assets will continually be added to the subscription, the value will continue to increase." Will these extra assets be available if you purchased the pack outright? I already own all but 2 of those packs.

He's saying that the value of content included in the subscription will grow over time, as they release more art packs. If you are buying the packs outright, rather than using the subscription, you would have to buy any new art packs obviously.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybob32 View Post
    Little confused with this statement. "Since more assets will continually be added to the subscription, the value will continue to increase." Will these extra assets be available if you purchased the pack outright? I already own all but 2 of those packs.
    Early next week we will be adding one or two new packs -- probably an Undergrounds map pack and a Gothic theme. That will increase the value by $15 if we price them as expected ($9.99 and $4.99).

To answer the other questions, we plan to continue offering everything in the pack as separately purchasable items. If you only like a handful of the items in the sub, then buying individual items will give you permanent access to those items without having to maintain any sort of subscription and may be cheaper for you overall.

If someone doesn't subscribe today (where the assets are valued at $54), then when they come back in December, the total value of all assets they gain access to might be worth $100. If they wait a year before subscribing, the value of all the assets they gain access to on day 1 of their subscription might be $200 or more. If you only host games for a few months each year -- maybe over the summers or winter breaks, then you could choose to get the sub during those times specifically and have access to everything during the periods that you are subscribed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I like the idea of having a constantly growing bunch of assets, and the subscription model works well for that. I have a similar subscription with Syrisncape for sounds. The main concern is losing access to all of the assets once a subscription is ended of course.

One thing I particularly like about the Syrisncape subscription model is that you will retain access to any content that is released while you have an active subscription, even if your subscription ends. So say I am a subscriber for 2 years, and during that time 10 new soundpacks are released. Even after my subscription ends, I retain access to those 10 packs, nothing released before my subscription went active, and nothing released after it ended. This method really works for me as I get access to everything while the sub is active, and know that I will retain access to at least some of it when the sub is cancelled, and helps the company as they get the revenue stream from the subscription model.

Perhaps something like this could be considered for the art packs.
    Our model is a bit different than Syrinscape's model. If you cancel the sub, you lose access to everything in the sub. You don't gain any of the packs that were released while you were subscribed; however, you instantly gain access to everything ever released in the subscription the moment you re-sub. You don't miss any packs, essentially. You either have access or you don't based on the subscription status.

I guess what I'm actually asking are the previous packs getting any updates? And will you get those updates if you already bought the pack? Or will an future additions only occur as new packs?
    I can't find anything but I'm sure in your streams you had mentioned that the packs will get some additional updates in the future.

Blog Entries
    I don’t know that we have any planned updates on our existing packs, but any modules you have access to on your account would get updated no matter if you bought it once or got it through a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    I don’t know that we have any planned updates on our existing packs, but any modules you have access to on your account would get updated no matter if you bought it once or got it through a subscription.
    That's fair. I'll keep an eye on it. And I look forward to seeing what other packs you come up with.

Thread Information