Starfinder Playlist
Page 14 of 101 First ... 412131415162464 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by flynnkd View Post
    How would you enact a Belt of Ogre Strength, an item that sets your STR to 19. Do you have to put it in as a modifier to the users STR, which means you have to customise it for each character?
    Yes, since there isn’t a way for Fantasy Grounds to calculate the difference. So if the character has currently 15 strength then it would be STR: 4 if it was 11 it would be STR: 8.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The Savage Worlds ruleset allows you to set an attribute as well as modify it, so perhaps one day the 5e ruleset can be updated to do so as well.
    Proud Ultimate License Holder
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyghtmare View Post
    The Savage Worlds ruleset allows you to set an attribute as well as modify it, so perhaps one day the 5e ruleset can be updated to do so as well.
    AD&D Core does as well so it is possible. I imagine at some point they will add some type of support for it for 5e though.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I still cant get this extension to work. Have tried something simple like RESIST: lightning which shows as [RESIST: lightning] visibility [show] under advanced effects on the character sheet. Added the character to CT still no effect visible nor is it applying the effects. Removed character from CT, closed character sheet. Re-added character to CT and still same result. Tried the effect on 4 other character sheets in same campaign and same result, none of them working.

Any known issues with other extensions causing the problem? I will try to start a new campaign and see if it works without other extensions but thought I would ask first.

EDIT:
    OK, so I created a new campaign and new character sheet and the extension seems to work there. I will go one by one adding other extensions and see if one of the other extensions is causing the failure, or if for some reason the character sheets in my main campaign are "bugged" somehow and just not working with this extension. Will try to keep updated on what I find out. THNX
    Last edited by Kibri_Oakbright; August 23rd, 2018 at 08:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibri_Oakbright View Post
    EDIT:
    OK, so I created a new campaign and new character sheet and the extension seems to work there. I will go one by one adding other extensions and see if one of the other extensions is causing the failure, or if for some reason the character sheets in my main campaign are "bugged" somehow and just not working with this extension. Will try to keep updated on what I find out. THNX
    More than likely it's another extension causing this problem. They are stomping over each other trying to do similar tasks with the same functions.

I can't guess which one but anything that works with effects or combat tracker would be a good start.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Well I figured it out and it is rather silly actually. I seemed to have an older version of your? effects EXT, called Item Enhancements, installed as well as your Advanced Effects. Seems when running both they were canceling each other out. HAHAHA. Anyway, just a heads up for anyone that might have the older Item Enhancement EXT it will indeed conflict with Advanced Effects. My bad but glad i figured it out. Thnx again everyone for your help and patience with a newer FG user.

Damage multiplier for weapons issue

Tonight, during a class in FGC, we noticed some behavior with Advanced Effects turned on. In the damage section for weapons, the 'Multiplier' field lost its functionality, regardless of the Stat being used (abilities, level, prof, etc.). The Multiplier worked for Spells (damage or heal) but not weapons. When the table was re-opened with the only change being the disabling of the extension, the multiplier began working again.

Attached is a sample for a level 1 PC. The 2x multipler (times Level) resolves to +2 for spells, but not for weapons.

Not sure if this was an operator error, but it was reproduceable on multiple tables.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rumtintin View Post
    Tonight, during a class in FGC, we noticed some behavior with Advanced Effects turned on. In the damage section for weapons, the 'Multiplier' field lost its functionality, regardless of the Stat being used (abilities, level, prof, etc.). The Multiplier worked for Spells (damage or heal) but not weapons. When the table was re-opened with the only change being the disabling of the extension, the multiplier began working again.

Attached is a sample for a level 1 PC. The 2x multipler (times Level) resolves to +2 for spells, but not for weapons.

Not sure if this was an operator error, but it was reproduceable on multiple tables.
    I'll have to dig into it and see whats up. I'm not familiar with this in 5e. Thanks for the bug report. I certainly can see the same behavior.
    ---

Sounds good - certainly an 'edge case,' but we happened to stumble upon it so I figured I'd pass it along. Big fan of the extension.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I'll have to dig into it and see whats up. I'm not familiar with this in 5e. Thanks for the bug report. I certainly can see the same behavior.
    Actually this was easier than I thought. Try this version and tell me if it works for you. My testing showed it did. If it does I'll update the first post with it as "3.1".

edit: removed attachment
    Last edited by celestian; September 20th, 2018 at 15:53.
    ---

Thread Information