DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Gurps Statistics - Assistance Needed!

Greetings fellow Gurpsers (Gurpsians?).

In an older thread ddavison discussed the option of getting session statistics from the campaign chatlog, and judging from the response of people who took him up on it, the information gathered can be extremely nice to have. The caveat is that 5e is the major system in use, and therefore the algorithms that ddavison uses is geared towards that and/or similar systems.

I recently tried to take him up on his offer, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...atistics/page8, but when he asked me for more information regarding what sort of data could be pulled I was at a loss. He's asked me for a longer chatlog so that he could come up with "regular expressions". Now I think that criticals (hits and misses) are pretty obvious, but beyond that, what else would we be looking for?

I'd appreciate any assistance that anyone can give to help me feed ddavison useful information. Perhaps someone else could offer up their chatlog for analysis? I think that it is pretty obvious that all actors (players and NPCs) need to use targeting to get the most useful datasets. Something which I'm not always the best at enforcing.

I think one of the more interesting things to be tracked are hits-followed-by-successful/unsuccessful-defenses, and the overall mods applied when they occurred
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigermann View Post
    I think one of the more interesting things to be tracked are hits-followed-by-successful/unsuccessful-defenses, and the overall mods applied when they occurred
    If you go back in that thread and look at a sample of the statistics that ddavison generates, are the items that you mention trackable in a similar way?

So, I'm not so sure that the statistics that we'd like to track in a Gurps campaign are "grabbable" using the same "handles" that ddavison uses for 5e and similar game systems.

Looking things over, what I think we CAN grab is,

A) Total number of attacks by each actor.
    B) Total number of successful attacks by each actor.
    C) Total number of failed attacks by each actor
    D) Number of critical successes by each actor.
    E) Number of critical failures by each actor.
    F) Total amount of damage dealt by each actor.
    G) Total amount of damage dealt by each actor to target.
    H) Spells and skills used (successfully and failed) by each actor.
    I) number of times each number from 3-18 was rolled.

Now F) and G) are the damage that each actor dealt and is not the amount received by the actors target, because that would need damage type and armor to be figured in.

Am I missing anything?

Thread Information