DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Help please!

Help please!

While I have played in a pathfinder campaign on FG for a bit over 2 years, I still consider myself somewhat of a novice.

I installed the GURPS ruleset and intend (someday) to run a Monster Hunters campaign. However, I am having some difficulty...

I learned how to create .mod files aand created a test file with one advantage and one disadvantage, but I cannot drag and drop them onto character sheet.

I also set up a sample PC and an NPC to check out combat and while I can attack, the damage is never applied to the target.

What am I doing wrong?

@SirGavvin

First off, I do not have the knowledge to help you. Secondly, thank you your efforts towards what might (hopefully) be useful for the community. Thirdly, please share some additional information that a more knowledgeable person might need to help you out - are you seeing any error messages? When you try to drag and drop those advantages and disadvantages, what happens?

Regarding the damage being applied to the target... that is the way it is with the Gurps ruleset. There are many considerations to determine damage (armor worn, weapon type, attack mode, part of the body etc.), and not only is that involved, doing all it automatically, is considered "automation", and currently frowned upon by SJG.

Well, when I try to drag and drop advantages, nothing shows up in the char sheet. No error or anything. As to the automation, I didn't realize that was an issue. Thank you for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGavvin View Post
    Well, when I try to drag and drop advantages, nothing shows up in the char sheet. No error or anything. As to the automation, I didn't realize that was an issue. Thank you for the reply.
    Drag and drop of advantages, disads, skills, etc is not a feature in the current release of the ruleset. Good news...it is in the release I'm working on. Bad news, I'm not ready to release that yet.
    Last edited by ronnke; March 12th, 2019 at 08:35.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

I await the release with great anticipation...

Thread Information