Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

2023-02 Ruleset update: Death Markers

First, I like the death markers and the possible customization.

The skull and tombstone are empty. Is that correct? If I use such an empty set, I get an error on deletion of a dead CT entry.

Code:
    [1/24/2023 1:25:29 AM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "CoreRPG:..pts/manager_image_deathmarker.lua"]:359: addLayerPaintStamp: Unable to create paint stamp with specified asset
    Could we have a global option for the death markers in the options menu to put the whole option on/off? Unchecking every single creature type death marker seems a bit counterintuitive.

One of the major points of the existing extensions for such things are the blood splatters on a token when the entity takes damage, scaling off of the wounds tier. Would it be possible to have such an optional feature with the death markers? The current implementation looks good but it feels like it's only using 50% of it's possibilities.
    I'd feel forced to still use an extension for blood splatters for alive creatures.

Blog Entries
    I haven't had a chance to test this yet... but I do have one concern. Using one of the community Death Indicator extensions I ran into a performance problem with large combat. Because that extension adds the markers as tokens, it impacts LOS calculations, and when you end up with many dozens of dead, performance suffers terribly. I'm hoping this OOTB enhancement either doesn't apply them as tokens or has a solution for this...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I haven't had a chance to test this yet... but I do have one concern. Using one of the community Death Indicator extensions I ran into a performance problem with large combat. Because that extension adds the markers as tokens, it impacts LOS calculations, and when you end up with many dozens of dead, performance suffers terribly. I'm hoping this OOTB enhancement either doesn't apply them as tokens or has a solution for this...
    The markers which are left when a combatant dies, are added on a paint layer.

Maybe a button in the image toolbar to get rid of all markers would be nice (instead of unlocking the image and deleting the layer).

This feature was only created as a death remainder, not for health status display on tokens. Hence, the reason it is called Death Markers, and not Blood Splatters or something similar. I decided that any ornamentation (such as splatters) as decorations on tokens based on health status was a separate feature, that would be left as an extension or tackled separately. Technically, token decorations to indicate health status are not a persistent "death" indicator/markers. This features allows you to leave markers on the ground persistently, while removing the actual tokens from map/CT and to improve performance on your maps.

Some notes:
    * There is already a button on the image toolbar to remove the Death Markers layer.
    * Thanks for the note on the tombstones and skulls; I was planning to look at tomorrow since Zacchaeus mentioned to me via PM too.
    * If you leave a creature type blank, it uses the default. If the default is blank, it does not place stamp. There are only 4 defaults to clear to essentially turn it off. I could possibly add a Clear button; but could be clicked accidentally.

Also, I would recommend that whomever is maintaining the Death Indicators should possibly rename to something like "Token Health Status Indicators" to make sure it fits the usage.

Regards,
    JPG

I am testing the SFRPG and I can not get any death markers to appear when a PC or NPC dies.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    I am testing the SFRPG and I can not get any death markers to appear when a PC or NPC dies.
    I tested this on the TEST server and it's working as intended with SFRPG.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

It works in my version of SFRPG. Do you have any extensions loaded?

Regards,
    JPG

I've tested with and without extensions using an existing campaign. The campaign has PCs & NPCs on the CT that I have dragged from the CT to a map. I am dragging damage dice from the PC sheet and dropping on the a PC or NPC until they reach zero HP and the dying effect is automatically added to the PC/NPC. THe Token on the map never changes in appearance.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    I've tested with and without extensions using an existing campaign. The campaign has PCs & NPCs on the CT that I have dragged from the CT to a map. I am dragging damage dice from the PC sheet and dropping on the a PC or NPC until they reach zero HP and the dying effect is automatically added to the PC/NPC. THe Token on the map never changes in appearance.
    The token doesn't change appearance. The blood marker image is placed on the map when the creature entry is removed from the combat tracker.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The token doesn't change appearance. The blood marker image is placed on the map when the creature entry is removed from the combat tracker.
    Thanks for the clarification. I'll retest tonight.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    My Forge Creations

Thread Information