5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 35 of 36 First ... 2533343536 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by VorpalZaddy View Post
    Hi there! I appreciate the time and effort. I am the GM in question. I can't seem to find any npc records that have an incorrect subtype. Also, it is every encounter in this one campaign, no matter if I generate them myself, or they are loaded from a module. If I load a different campaign, it's fine. When I transfer the data from this campaign to a new one it is fine. Attachment 58753
    Sounds like an extension clash.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Sounds like an extension clash.
    Agreed, that does sound like another extension is doing something to the type field.

That does not mean that my extension should throw an error though, so that will get fixed.
    I'm hoping to be at my development computer around Thursday.

/Tideturner

Quote Originally Posted by Tideturner View Post
    Agreed, that does sound like another extension is doing something to the type field.

That does not mean that my extension should throw an error though, so that will get fixed.

/Tideturner
    I kind of thought so too, but it still happens even if every other extension is turned off. Which makes me think, perhaps there was a conflict generated that somehow altered something that is still changed with the extension disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Tideturner View Post

/Tideturner
    I really love this extension. I thank you for your service to the community!

Hi VorpalZaddy,

Would you mind testing the fix? I've attached the extension to this post.
    Just to make sure that it IS actually a fix

If so you can just replace the npc-flavors.ext in the GameData\extensions folder.
    You'll find the path to the folder in the FG settings > Advanced > Data Directory

/Tideturner
    Attached Files Attached Files

[QUOTE=Tideturner;697071]Hi VorpalZaddy,

Would you mind testing the fix? I've attached the extension to this post.
    Just to make sure that it IS actually a fix

..../QUOTE]

Sorry for the late reply, first time logging in to my campaign this week.

I replaced the extension with the one you provided but I am still getting the same error code. The only solution I have found that works is exporting my campaign, and then starting a new campaign and importing it. I have attached the latest screenshot. In it I am trying to add a 4 gnoll encounter to the combat tracker and only one gnoll is added and the error popped up. I took this encounter from the DMG, but any module I use causes this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi, love this extension. My players love it. The names are fun. One thing, it doesn't appear to work with rolling initiative every round and wanting to group initiative. The group initiative works if the monster has a number, but once the parens () are added with the descriptions, it appears the initiative roller treats each monster as unique (not part of a group). Can anything be done about that behavior? I'd rather have it group the "flavored-named" npcs together into the same group.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilafron View Post
    Hi, love this extension. My players love it. The names are fun. One thing, it doesn't appear to work with rolling initiative every round and wanting to group initiative. The group initiative works if the monster has a number, but once the parens () are added with the descriptions, it appears the initiative roller treats each monster as unique (not part of a group). Can anything be done about that behavior? I'd rather have it group the "flavored-named" npcs together into the same group.
    "Groups" are defined by having identical names, so I don't think its possible unless somehow this extension were to rebuild how groups are defined.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilafron View Post
    You can use another ext called "Combat Groups" which allows you to group INIT by group, it's pretty easy to use for that and it also has a ton of other awesome features.

I'd like to make a feature request, replace not just the number but the entire NPC name OR also apply the description to the Unidentified name. The reason is I'd love the option to hide creature type in Fantasy Grounds for some of my games, and it's a bit of work to set it up manually. Maybe someone knows of another extension that could help. In some games, I much rather like to describe the monsters they come upon. Rather than say it's an Orc, then my players just act accordingly. Because in certain instances it's fun to have some mystery, but I also really love your fun NPC descriptions.
    Last edited by DustyLensCap42; December 15th, 2023 at 17:59.

Thread Information