DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    It is usually good to wait until Apple has updated the latest OS to .3ish before using it from my experience and hopefully by that time unity is out.

Hate to repost, but trying to socialize the idea of trying 64 bit Winebottler. Did you try this?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post456000

@JPG I realize there just isn't bandwidth to develop the 64bit version. Would there be any bandwidth to assign any time/money toward getting someone who knows what they're doing with Wine to wrap the 32bit version in the 64bit Wine for us? I mean I've been a developer for well over 20 years, but am very inexperienced with Wine. If someone actually is skilled with it, maybe engaging them to wrap it could be a good use of resources? (Presumably it wouldn't take long if they know what they're doing anyway)

It's unclear from that post what state that the development version of the 64-bit WineBottler to run 32-bit apps is in. There's only the one blog post, and all other references to WineBottler on the web site state that it is 32-bit only. Unfortunately, I'm thinking it's a little premature to be looking at this as an option; especially with how much we still need to do for FGU.

Regards,
    JPG

For the short-term you may be much further ahead rolling back to Mojave, or running a Windows virtual machine until the Unity version is out.

Apple dropped support of 32 bit applications with the release of macOS Catalina (version 10.15), what this means is that WINE stopped working.
    (If you want more detail here is a thread in the WINEhq forum: [https://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=32590])
    Code:
                            .         -=BuBaDragon=-
               _._           ( .   
             .'   `-. (\\     )    He ain't real smart,
           .'    )   `'  _\__'     but boy can he lift
          / (   (___ `.  ___^\_    heavy objects.....
          \ '^^^^^^ .\\-\___\\-`   
    *******`""""""") ;***********************************
                   |/
                   '

Microsoft is also dropping support for 32bit. They are going to only have 64bit support. So does this mean Fantasy Grounds will become a dead software because they "won't put the effort in to do that and most their database is incompatible with 64bit."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMagic0 View Post
    Microsoft is also dropping support for 32bit. They are going to only have 64bit support. So does this mean Fantasy Grounds will become a dead software because they "won't put the effort in to do that and most their database is incompatible with 64bit."
    If you're referring to the future drop of 32 bit OS support, that's different from 32 bit application support and isn't going away anytime soon on Windows as far as I can tell.

CodeWeavers has put a lot of work in recently to getting Wine to support running 32-bit apps on a 64-bit platform. I've personally tried running the Windows version of Fantasy Grounds in CrossOver (v19.0.1) on a Mac, and it runs pretty well.
    Playing tabletop RPGs since 1983.
    GMing: West Marches (Numenera); Revenge on the Dragon (Cypher System); The Ultimate Cake Recipe (Invisible Sun)
    FG Unity Ultimate License holder
    https://wanderingmonster.org.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMagic0 View Post
    You've asked this in another thread. Please don't post the same question in multiple locations. It wastes peoples time.

As has been said, FGU already solves this problem.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information