Starfinder Playlist

View Poll Results: Choose your option (you may change this as often as you like)

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • AUTOMATION: I would love to see more automation

86 95.56%
  • SANDBOX: I prefer a sandbox (e.g. manual)

2 2.22%
  • AMBIGUITY: I don't care

2 2.22%
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    1. I would love to see anything involving stat adjustments getting some automation (the 10 points at character creation, and three slots one for each model of personal upgrade).

2. Weapon focus/specialization would be very nice.

3. Grapple checks with grapple/pin status would be awesome to have automated. All combat maneuvers for that matter, but specifically grapple as it has different effects based on how well you roll. It would be nice if there were an "action bar" of sorts where we could click to use a combat maneuver and apply modifiers from equipment, race, etc. If you did it this way, we could even apply our defensive modifiers here (dare to dream).

4. Force Fields - Not sure about anyone else, but my players love force fields. It would be nice if the fast healing and battery usage was handled automatically. This seems like a long shot, but if we're going to wishlist stuff why not.

5. All listed actions for NPCs would be great. I have to refer to the PDFs often while playing. Nyssholora is a recent example with terrible encoding (try to figure out how to use the breath weapon without the book or PDF). It says [see text] and never includes the text.

6. I know it was stated above, but it would be great to have a list of common combat abilities like trick attack or clever feint that we could just drag and drop on to the character. Is there a way for us to create them one time then drag to each character like spells?

That's my list for now. I'll think about this and follow up with my groups for more.

My biggest thing would making it so that all class abilities have built in-actions automated, and if I'd have to prioritize, I'd start with all the 1st/2nd level abilities across all the classes, as the low levels are when players get confused the most.

A new player making a solarian is going to be confused by how to track their attunement or use their supernova if the GM didn't create them a custom "spell" for it. A new player making a healer mystic has to make one for their healing channel. Operative with trick attack. Some way to automate entropic pool would also be amazing.

Also, full attack automation for NPCs identical to how it is set up for PCs (being able to roll both or just one of the full attack at a time) would be awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravien999 View Post
    Also, full attack automation for NPCs identical to how it is set up for PCs (being able to roll both or just one of the full attack at a time) would be awesome too.
    You can do that already. There is the Multiattack section in the NPC sheet. Just put in "2 [ATTACK]" with the lower attack roll and it rolls both if you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitus View Post
    Right. That's how I do it now. I guess what I mean by "better and more seamless" would be for instance that the Envoy player could target the enemy and apply Get 'Em and the hit bonus tag would automatically apply to themself and their allies. I run a pretty large group and it can really jam up the flow of a combat scenario when the Envoy has to individually apply the tag to all 7 of their allies before resolving the next action. Unless there is an easy way to manually select all allies and apply the tag to everyone at once? If so I haven't figured it out, but it'd be nice.

What you're saying about Trick Attack makes sense. I'm not too worried about that one, as it doesn't really disrupt things during play.
    Apply the ally effect at the start of the game as GM and it stays forever...
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolivolution View Post
    You can do that already. There is the Multiattack section in the NPC sheet. Just put in "2 [ATTACK]" with the lower attack roll and it rolls both if you use it.
    That's only if it's been coded as such, and multiattack, on creatures that have it, is an override for full attack.

A regular soldier NPC would not have a multiattack, but should be able to full attack with their melee or their ranged, and as all modules are currently coded, you have to manually do this by making single attacks with a -4 mod.

@Revien999
    I've mentioned this in the past to FG support. FGs current template doesn't include the full attack, so you have to edit each NPC to include it. I can provide an example on Discord if you'd like. But I agree that it should already be on every PC that has a Full Attack weapon.

But you can just add the Full Attack to any NPC as a Multiattack, I don't see the difference. Except that it's not pre programmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolivolution View Post
    But you can just add the Full Attack to any NPC as a Multiattack, I don't see the difference. Except that it's not pre programmed.
    The point is that it should come pre-programmed. Doesn't make sense that it's not included as a viable attack for NPCs that should have a full attack option based on their loadout.

Yeah I've done it before as well Jrock. It's easy enough to do but tedious. Itd be simple enough to build into the NPC frame some mechanic allowing full attack just like how it shows on the PC frame, or just fix it when they port over modules. Either way, if the discussion is automation, that's probably one of the lowest hanging fruit that would increase satisfaction imo

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Apply the ally effect at the start of the game as GM and it stays forever...
    Good workaround. I'll do that.

Thread Information