DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 44 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    I like this extension, but it would be great if the mask worked on the top layer instead of the base layer. It's a bit of a hassle to have to keep layer swapping just to reveal the map.

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    I like this extension, but it would be great if the mask worked on the top layer instead of the base layer. It's a bit of a hassle to have to keep layer swapping just to reveal the map.
    Not possible with the current FG image control/API as the mask only works on an image control which is based on an image graphics file. So it can only be on the bottom layer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe,

I checked it out and stopped reading at the part about the 3 layers. My question now is will using this extension affect the grid setup already with their associated encounters from the online 5E modules I purchased from Fantasy Grounds?
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Quote Originally Posted by Patou View Post
    My question now is will using this extension affect the grid setup already with their associated encounters from the online 5E modules I purchased from Fantasy Grounds?
    It should keep the grid OK and token assignments from encounters are moved to the top (play) layer when the encounter is activated.

I'd recommend you give it a try. Load up a new campaign with the extension, open up the module/s you're interested in and try it out. But make sure you read the gotchas in post #1 as you're trying it out.

There's also a link to a video in post #1 that gives you a good overview of the base functionality.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe,

Watched the video... very cool. Do I simply click the link you added and the installation will go forward or do I need to place the extension in a certain file directory?

I have not installed any extensions as of yet. This will be the first. I can't wait to try this because I have all the CC3 tokens and Mike Schyle add ons as well. My maps are going to look awesome. More drooling for the players.
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

I have noticed that the token rotation on the client side is not always correct. For example, if I load a bunch of tokens on the middle layer, then share the map, the tokens are rotated in the wrong orientation until I touch them them on the GM machine. After that, they jump to the correct orientation on the client side. Is there a known issue with token rotation?

Are your tokens locked?
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Good question - not sure if that was a factor or not. I don't think so. But, even in the case where they are locked, the extension should pass the correct token rotation to the client. I have to see if I can reproduce it. It might also have to do with number of tokens - again not sure. I had a lot of tokens on the source map when the problem occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    But, even in the case where they are locked, the extension should pass the correct token rotation to the client.
    The extension doesn't pass this information, this is built in to the image control itself. If you have a lot of tokens there may be a delay in the order in which the FG image controls update token information - maybe it sends the base tokens image first and then, only after all tokens have been sent (and maybe other imagecontrol tasks have been completed) is the token rotation info sent. I don't know the exact order of imagecontrol events as this is completely controlled by FG and isn't documented. The initial "wrong orientation" you see - is this the base image itself (i.e the base image file view with no additional rotation), or some random rotation? If you wait a while does the correct rotation appear? What happens if you try re-sharing the image?

Thread Information