STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeysloth View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to do mobs and roll more then 5 dices as a GM (and have it actually show up in the chat window)?
    Can't you click a die on the screen and then keep right-clicking to add more and then drop them into the chat window to roll them and have them show in the chat?
    FANTASY GROUNDS CLASSIC & UNITY ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER

Quote Originally Posted by daddystabz View Post
    Can't you click a die on the screen and then keep right-clicking to add more and then drop them into the chat window to roll them and have them show in the chat?
    Yes... Errrr... Normally... But the last update actually broke the dice being rolled in the chat window so that'll have to get tweaked back to the way it was soon... You can still roll from the character sheets but they're capped at 5 dice...

Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    Yes... Errrr... Normally... But the last update actually broke the dice being rolled in the chat window so that'll have to get tweaked back to the way it was soon... You can still roll from the character sheets but they're capped at 5 dice...
    It didn't work for me before the most recent update either (I'm using unity). I'm guessing "loose" die at the bottom of the screen isn't hooked up to the target DC so when you roll the chat window prints and empty string and the dice disappear so quickly it's hard sometimes to read all of them.

Are there any plans on adding any automation to this as in NPC rolls and damage calculations on targets? I feel a little underwhelmed with my purchase. I don't think I or any of my players will want to use this. It feels super manual and I think it's actually slower than if we were all sitting around a table together.

EDIT: I contacted nerdeyeindustries and they say they're working on it. So they're aware that there's functionality that still needs to be built.
    Last edited by mmccabe; July 28th, 2020 at 16:26.

Quote Originally Posted by mmccabe View Post
    Are there any plans on adding any automation to this as in NPC rolls and damage calculations on targets? I feel a little underwhelmed with my purchase. I don't think I or any of my players will want to use this. It feels super manual and I think it's actually slower than if we were all sitting around a table together.

EDIT: I contacted nerdeyeindustries and they say they're working on it. So they're aware that there's functionality that still needs to be built.
    Crom, I hope not.. I have the worst time with the fully automated sets because they can't take into account all of the factors. I frequently have to go back and correct the computer. In my opinion, for this particular rule set, the automation here is just perfect for me as a GM. And my players certainly haven't had any issues with it. I think we're all in agreement in my group that both the system and this particular rule set have been our favorite to use for VTT.

Various discussions about the ruleset in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Reports-Thread
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

ProfDogg, would you be willing to meet up with me sometime and show me how you use the ruleset? Our group wants to play this game quite a bit, and we've done about 2 games at the table together and we had no issues in person using it, but it's really confusing to me how we wouldn't miss things without some more basic features other rulesets have in FG.

Quote Originally Posted by mmccabe View Post
    ProfDogg, would you be willing to meet up with me sometime and show me how you use the ruleset? Our group wants to play this game quite a bit, and we've done about 2 games at the table together and we had no issues in person using it, but it's really confusing to me how we wouldn't miss things without some more basic features other rulesets have in FG.
    I'd love to! PM me your availability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saJl2_oO4Ek&t=2s Check out this actual play on YouTube as they use the Conan set on Fantasy Grounds. They originally air on Twitch on GamersTable and so far 4 of the 6 episodes are on YouTube.

Thread Information