STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Sale / PayPal not connecting?

Trying to take advantage of the current sale and the store page won't connect to PayPal. Tried multiple devices too just in case. Any known issues there?

Is there a cap on number of items in the cart before it blows up?

Blog Entries
    7,296?

Just kidding, if you can't get it to process 1 item, then you will probably need to reach out to support directly, since they are the only ones who can fix it. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...stomer/portals

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I didn't have any problems this morning but I did have a problem trying to buy a single item that was 0.00.

I assume that was the PF2 race file. I successfully bought it and one other item thinking that was an issue. That worked. Then I went in and tried to buy the rest. Same issue from before though, i.e. unable to purchase. But I had a different error (something regarding headers?). I'll try again tomorrow from my desktop.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I didn't have any problems this morning but I did have a problem trying to buy a single item that was 0.00.
    PayPal will not let you process a zero cost purchase. Pretty sure their is a disclaimer/note on the pages for those items. You can only get it free if you either contribute to the charity or buy something else.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    PayPal will not let you process a zero cost purchase. Pretty sure their is a disclaimer/note on the pages for those items. You can only get it free if you either contribute to the charity or buy something else.
    Yeah, was just pointing it out in case it might be the source of the problem.

The page I saw said you cannot check out if your order total is $0.00. You must buy something with an actual cost along with the free items. Find something else you want to buy from the store, and add it along with all the free items, so that the order total is not zero.

Another solution is that the one page I saw with the free PF2e race module on it had a separate link to just download that file manually. This of course won't add it to your purchase history, so the launcher won't catch it for updates, as far as I know.

I would suggest allowing the updater to just download all free modules instead of requiring us to 'purchase' them, but then you'll have people who don't have a lot of pc resources get angry at all the clutter. (not trying to upset anyone, just explaining why its a good idea to require a 'purchase' of free items.)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJack2883 View Post
    The page I saw said you cannot check out if your order total is $0.00. You must buy something with an actual cost along with the free items. Find something else you want to buy from the store, and add it along with all the free items, so that the order total is not zero.
    Or check the "Yes, I want to participate" option to donate $1 to Save the Children on the "Confirm order" page - this makes your order $1 and so you can checkout OK through PayPal. This is a nice option as it gives $1 to charity for all my work on the Azarketi web supplement (and SmiteWorks match this donation at the end of the year too) - double bonus!!
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 25th, 2021 at 14:13.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I forgot about that option!

Thread Information