DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 35 of 100 First ... 2533343536374585 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by solomani View Post
    Can I use this plugin to automate auras by chance? Thanks.
    This is what you're looking for:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...E-Aura-Effects

Is there anything special that needs to be done to add an effect to an NPC? I've added RESIST:fire to an effect on an NPC card, but it doesn't show when I drag it to the combat tracker. PC and item effects are working normally.

Quote Originally Posted by dotsoncs View Post
    Is there anything special that needs to be done to add an effect to an NPC? I've added RESIST:fire to an effect on an NPC card, but it doesn't show when I drag it to the combat tracker. PC and item effects are working normally.
    My only guess is you have another extension that's blocking it from doing what it needs when a npc is placed into the combattracker..
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Bah, nm. I read this as my port of this code. lol
    my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    My only guess is you have another extension that's blocking it from doing what it needs when a npc is placed into the combattracker..
    Thanks for the suggestion - looks like the Death Indicator (Extended) extension is causing an issue. It adds Death Save throws for NPCs and uses the CT to handle some of the messaging so I suspect there's an issue there. I'll bring it up in that thread.

Hi celestian - I'm searching for some documentation for your extension - specifically I'd like to be able to code 'advantage' for damage dice - eg roll 2d6 for a shortbow and pick the highest roll to apply. The AiME 5E ruleset requires such coding, but I have so far been unable to code it.

Hi All,

I have had some great success using the extension to code custom effects to armor however I am struggle to get it to work with the IFT: operator

I am trying to have extra damage done if the target is prone. So far it looks like this in the item detail

Effect Features
    [Finisher; IFT: prone; DMG: 1d4]

However when the player clicks the damage roll it does normal damage. the extra 1d4 doesn't show up

Am I missing something? Or am I better off coding the effect right on to the character sheet as DMG: 1d4; [ROLL]; [SELF]? Will the IFT: prone work as a PC effect?
    Last edited by JayTee; June 4th, 2020 at 12:33.

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    Hi All,

I have had some great success using the extension to code custom effects to armor however I am struggle to get it to work with the IFT: operator

I am trying to have extra damage done if the target is prone. So far it looks like this in the item detail

Effect Features
    [Finisher; IFT: prone; DMG: 1d4]

However when the player clicks the damage roll it does normal damage. the extra 1d4 doesn't show up

Am I missing something? Or am I better off coding the effect right on to the character sheet as DMG: 1d4; [ROLL]; [SELF]? Will the IFT: prone work as a PC effect?

Code:
    Finisher; IFT: prone; DMG: 1d4
    works as expected for me. When you have [ROLL] the effect drops the next time it is used. If you want it to persist, you have to remove that, and it will fire the additional 1d4 any time your target as the prone affect applied to it.

Hi Lou,

Finisher; IFT: prone; DMG: 1d4 works fine for me if it put it on the PC sheet as an effect. However I cannot seem to get it to work on the weapon under the Effect Features using the Advanced Effects extension.

E.G:
    I create an item in the Item list, lets say a dagger, (1d4) then I put in the effect code so that when the target is prone FG detects it and then rolls 2d4 (1d4 (dagger) + 1d4 (prone)). Put the dagger on the PC sheet and have them equip it. When the PC rolls damage it only pops up 1d4.
    Do I need to put 2d4 in the effect code to ensure the 2nd die goes off when the target is prone? Or maybe I need to do 2 separate effects on the item? DMG: 1d4 as the first effect and then a second effect for 1d4 if the target condition = prone?

I did test putting in 2d4 on the weapon effect

Finisher; IFT: prone; DMG: 2d4

but I couldn't get that to work correctly either. It still only rolled 1d4

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    Hi Lou,

Finisher; IFT: prone; DMG: 1d4 works fine for me if it put it on the PC sheet as an effect. However I cannot seem to get it to work on the weapon under the Effect Features using the Advanced Effects extension.

E.G:
    I create an item in the Item list, lets say a dagger, (1d4) then I put in the effect code so that when the target is prone FG detects it and then rolls 2d4 (1d4 (dagger) + 1d4 (prone)). Put the dagger on the PC sheet and have them equip it. When the PC rolls damage it only pops up 1d4.
    Do I need to put 2d4 in the effect code to ensure the 2nd die goes off when the target is prone? Or maybe I need to do 2 separate effects on the item? DMG: 1d4 as the first effect and then a second effect for 1d4 if the target condition = prone?

I did test putting in 2d4 on the weapon effect

Finisher; IFT: prone; DMG: 2d4

but I couldn't get that to work correctly either. It still only rolled 1d4
    Assuming the effect is being applied correctly and other settings are correct...My guess is the IFT: prone requires the source of the effect to be the person triggering it but when using AdvancedEffects the source is set to it's origin (Abilities Effect, item/etc).
    Last edited by celestian; June 5th, 2020 at 07:04.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information