STAR TREK 2d20
Page 75 of 89 First ... 2565737475767785 ... Last
    They reduced the spell damage to 4d6, but added another that will add 2d6 per spell level to the proper amount. It confused me as well so I was also making sure. and adding a clarification just in case.

spirit blast.png

Trying to create a Hazard, I got the following error on the console:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc_main.lua"]:502: attempt to index global 'reaction' (a nil value)

It looks like the error happens on the action icons replacement code. My block had a [[R]] on it.

Weird thing is if I make a copy of the record entry it does not throw the error anymore. I did add automation. Here is the full block of the reaction:

Glaive Flurry ť Trigger A creature is trapped within the portcullises at the beginning of the Slashing Cage Trap's turn. Effect Each statue swings it's glaive into the area, slicing the captured creature. The creature makes a [DC 21 Reflex save].

> Critical Success Same as success, but the creature can take a Step action to free themselves of the trapped area;
    > Success The creature avoids the glaives, taking no damage;
    > Failure the creature takes [2d8+6 slashing damage];
    > Critical Failure The creature takes [4d8+12 slashing damage].

Here is the automation block:

"DC 21 Reflex save"|Save:reflex[DC:21]
    "2d8+6 slashing damage"|Damage:2d8+6 slashing
    "4d8+12 slashing damage"|Damage:4d8+12 slashing
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    Trying to create a Hazard, I got the following error on the console:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc_main.lua"]:502: attempt to index global 'reaction' (a nil value)
    Thanks for reporting, I'll get this fixed in the next release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Last Sunday I manually set my character's level a bit lower (to 3) so I could retrain a feat and have it appear in the character list at an appropriate level*. After putting the level to current (4) again, the HP values were all kind of messed up. Max was showing at 58 although it was supposed to be 74. I tried leveling down again and then increasing it via the character tracker, but it seemed to always have the HP at the correct value for the level that was set prior to the current level setting. After trying a bit it sometimes showed correctly for a second or so while then reverting back to 58 max for some reason. We also managed to somehow get the current HP to 74 and the max HP to 58, which I think happened when the amount of damage/wounds was changed.

I recorded a short video (no sound) where I recreated this, also displaying a different display of HP between GM and player. In order to get the desync between max and current you just have to change the damage value at which point the current hp will calculate correctly, but the max HP will still be at an incorrect value - I forgot to record the latter part though.

*I know now that you can adjust that manually, but I didn't back then.
    Last edited by Montis; April 8th, 2022 at 10:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    Last Sunday I manually set my character's level a bit lower (to 3) so I could retrain a feat and have it appear in the character list at an appropriate level*. After putting the level to current (4) again, the HP values were all kind of messed up. Max was showing at 58 although it was supposed to be 74. I tried leveling down again and then increasing it via the character tracker, but it seemed to always have the HP at the correct value for the level that was set prior to the current level setting. After trying a bit it sometimes showed correctly for a second or so while then reverting back to 58 max for some reason. We also managed to somehow get the current HP to 74 and the max HP to 58, which I think happened when the amount of damage/wounds was changed.

I recorded a short video (no sound) where I recreated this, also displaying a different display of HP between GM and player. In order to get the desync between max and current you just have to change the damage value at which point the current hp will calculate correctly, but the max HP will still be at an incorrect value - I forgot to record the latter part though.

If the issue is still occurring, please ZIP up the campaign and attach to this thread. If the ZIP file is too large to attach, please load to a cloud storage solution and provide the link here.

EDIT: And when the issue occurs, does opening the HP details window correct it?
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 8th, 2022 at 14:35. Reason: Added question about HP details window
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post

I've found the issue - a race condition between the GM and player instance, if the GM has ever opened the PC sheet before. I'll investigate a solution, no need to supply your campaign files.

Thanks for reporting the issue and providing the video.

Sorry if I'm posting this in wrong place (please move if the case) and sorry if this isn't as bug (and just me missing something).
    Cantrip preparation is not working the same for clerics as for druids. What I mean is, clerics can't have a list of cantrips that they can prepare from; every spell dragged into the cantrips section under the Cleric spell class always has the Cast Spell icon to the left of it, and never the expected circles for you to select from, regardless of being in Preparation/Standard/Combat modes. Whereas Druids can have more than 5 cantrips on their preparation cantrips list, select the five they want, and then only see them in Combat mode.
    Hoping it's not just me...

Quote Originally Posted by Calvertfan View Post
    Sorry if I'm posting this in wrong place (please move if the case) and sorry if this isn't as bug (and just me missing something).
    Cantrip preparation is not working the same for clerics as for druids. What I mean is, clerics can't have a list of cantrips that they can prepare from; every spell dragged into the cantrips section under the Cleric spell class always has the Cast Spell icon to the left of it, and never the expected circles for you to select from, regardless of being in Preparation/Standard/Combat modes. Whereas Druids can have more than 5 cantrips on their preparation cantrips list, select the five they want, and then only see them in Combat mode.
    Hoping it's not just me...
    This is exactly the right place to report this issue.

I've identified the problem and I'll have a fix in the Tuesday release next week - but this will only be when creating new cleric PCs. To fix an existing PC, click the spellbook icon in the top left of the spell class section on the Actions tab - click this twice to cycle to spontaneous and then back to prepared, this should reset to the correct prepared state and allow you to prepare the cantrips properly.

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Thanks Trenloe, worked a treat

Temporary hit points haven't bee working properly for me at least for a few weeks now. I don't think this is caused by any extra stuff I have added, because I seem to be getting the same behavior with a fresh campaign.

Whenever temp hit points are being applied to anything, they just clear the temp hp field and don't add anything. They appear in the chat window normally though. The problem only seems to affect temp hp automation, as I can edit the temp hp field manually, and those work fine.
    Last edited by myyra; May 8th, 2022 at 10:45.

Thread Information