STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
    hey im trying to use this. ive followed the instructions but it doesnt show on the extension list to choose from.
    Last edited by ThingsCouldGetDicey; June 23rd, 2020 at 14:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Claneidosyan View Post
    Hello, everyone!

After using the fantastic Combat Shortcuts Actions extension for Pathfinder for some time, me and my group decided to try D&D5E and we started playing with that instead.
    I really liked that extension, but sadly there was no equivalent for 5E, so I decided to try making it myself.

Since it ended up being better than I expected I thought that someone else may find it useful, so here it is!

For those who might not know the original extension, this basically adds a bar on the actions tab with ability checks, saves and initiative, so you can play with less window switching.

Screenshot:
    Attachment 21685

The items in the action bar are the abilities checks and saving throws, the initiative and the character AC from the main page.

This only changes the Actions tab of the character sheet, so it should be compatible with any extension that doesn't touch that.

It's my first extension, so there might be something wrong and/or some really bad tactic for extension making.
    If you think I should change/add something comment and I'll see what I can do!

Enjoy (I hope )!

The "wounds" variant is an edit of the extension made by Rino, with the addition of HP, Wounds, temp and speed. Now updated with more compatibility and smaller file size!

Update 1.1: added labels to checks and saves row. Screenshot: Attachment 22065
    Update 1.2: removed useless code using ruleset layering. The extension should be more compatible now. Did the same thing with the HP version by Rino.
    This is a nice addition....works great on my end!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearMonkey View Post
    You sure can! The ext file is an rar, so just unzip, use notepad+ to open and modify the extension xml file, recompress, and you’re good to go.
    I cannot find a notepad+ application to open the file. Can you help me out? Thanks,

Notepad++ is basically just "Notepad" on steroids (mainly about the line numbering for me) that makes it easier to read a text file.
    You can download it for free (just google 'notepad++').

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeDodger View Post
    Notepad++ is basically just "Notepad" on steroids (mainly about the line numbering for me) that makes it easier to read a text file.
    You can download it for free (just google 'notepad++').
    This is what I get
    Junk-page0001.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You omitted the first step... unzip the extension and then you can access the files with a text editor.
    How do I do that? A .ext is not a .zip file

Extension and Module files are just zip files in disguise. Change the .ext to .zip and unzip it. Note these are plain zip files not 7 zip or rar.

I do not know what 7 zip or rar is. I do not know how to change a ".ext" to a ".zip". Gone into properties and only find the "open with", but cannot change file types.

I know that Myth Drannor was destroyed by the Netherese.
    I know that the TTAAB requires you to wait 90 days before your petition for publication can be filed, and a rule is not a statute.
    I know that administrative hearings are not adverse in nature, and an affirmative defense must be proven.
    Last edited by Poe the Homunculus; July 14th, 2020 at 16:41.

Sorry Poe, I didn't notice it was you. The Computer really is your friend, really...

Right click the file name and select "Rename" and the file name will be highlighted. Move the cursor to the end past .ext. Backspace deleting the up to the period then type: zip

Then hit enter. You will get a warning that changing the file extension can be bad. Hit OK and do it anyway.

That will change the file it from .ext to .zip

Then you can unzip the file.

Thread Information