STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: embed image

embed image

I'm continuing to develop this custom library module and am wondering if there is an instance of an image type that I could use. I want to include common maps of the world in the game manual. I'm starting my digging but I thought I'd check here in case someone knew or could find it before I do.

You can only embed images within a library Reference Manual. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...erence_Manuals
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So if I add this line in the a reference section it would insert the picture at that location? (<reference><BRPother><Country><index><entry-000>)

<image type="image"><bitmap>\maps\country00.bmp</bitmap></image>

Oh, sorry. I didn't actually see this was in the BRP ruleset sub-forum.

You can't embed images. All you can do is clickable links to images.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You need a bit more than that. And you should use .jpg files
    <align type="string">center</align>
    <size type="string">x,y</size>
    <image type="image">
    <bitmap type="string">images\imagename.jpg</bitmap>
    </image>
    <caption type="string" />
    <blocktype type="string">image</blocktype>
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

ah foiled again

so could I do something like this?

<link class="referenceimage" recordname="\maps\country00.png">Map of country X</link>

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You need a bit more than that. And you should use .jpg files
    <align type="string">center</align>
    <size type="string">x,y</size>
    <image type="image">
    <bitmap type="string">images\imagename.jpg</bitmap>
    </image>
    <caption type="string" />
    <blocktype type="string">image</blocktype>
    sorry, missed this one before replying. I'll see if I can give that a try?

Quote Originally Posted by flekhabren View Post
    sorry, missed this one before replying. I'll see if I can give that a try?
    Nope, won't work in BRP. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by flekhabren View Post
    so could I do something like this?

<link class="referenceimage" recordname="\maps\country00.png">Map of country X</link>
    Not quite. You can't directly reference image files in a link. They need to be in the database <image> node and reference the image.id-00001 record (for example).

Drag an image link to a story entry in a campaign and then look at the campaign db.xml to get the XML needed for the link.

Thanks. I'll give that a whirl and see if I can follow through it.

I was able to follow the steps above and got this line of xml

<link class="imagewindow" recordname="image.id-00006">Country</link>

I'm guessing that I need to repeat this process with each image I want to use? Is there somewhere that image.id-00006 is defined as a file name/location?

Will it mess up the process if the images are stored in the campain folder/file?

Thread Information