STAR TREK 2d20

How do you make Magic Weapons for Pathfinder?

Hi,

I've been googling, troubleshooting, and looking all over the place, but I can't seem to find anything that works well for making magic items for Pathfinder. I've watched a few videos about how to use the forge in 5E that said you can use it in Pathfinder too, but I can't find any forge in my settings and none of the tutorials I have seen actually deal with Pathfinder.

I have succeeded to make a +3 mace, but then I can't get it to become a +3 Flaming Mace. I've wondered if I don't have access to the forge because I only paid for the standard features and not ultimate, but then I couldn't find any mention of the forge as a package feature. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by VRkat View Post
    Hi,

I've been googling, troubleshooting, and looking all over the place, but I can't seem to find anything that works well for making magic items for Pathfinder. I've watched a few videos about how to use the forge in 5E that said you can use it in Pathfinder too, but I can't find any forge in my settings and none of the tutorials I have seen actually deal with Pathfinder.

I have succeeded to make a +3 mace, but then I can't get it to become a +3 Flaming Mace. I've wondered if I don't have access to the forge because I only paid for the standard features and not ultimate, but then I couldn't find any mention of the forge as a package feature. Help?
    Hi and welcome in the forum

There is no forge in 3.5e/Pathfinder, you have to do that manually. Here is some little extension, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ator-Extension, but you have to make all effects and actions on your own. You can save the magical actions of a magic item in the item description after you've made them (by drag&dropping it into its description similar to making a reference to a spell; but that only works for the things you make in a spell class for it, the direct adjustments in the weapon entry has to be done always manually as Trentlane explains below Spell classes are also used for actions in Pathfinder, there is no separate power window). Then the action can be easily reproduced later But everything has to be done first manually
    Last edited by Kelrugem; August 4th, 2019 at 15:27.

Hi,

As Kelrugem already suggested, the Customised Item Generator is a great extension. It automatically adds the correct cost and the correct magical enhanchment. What it doesn't do is adding things like 1d6 bonus damage for smth like flaming. That's easiest done in the action tab in the attack itself. Add a second damage die and give it the "fire" describtor.
    Something like this flamingdagger.JPG

EDIT: Ignore that first fire describtor on the regular damage die, mistake on my side
    Pathfinder/Traveller GM - Sometimes running CPRed, CoC, AD&D2E, and other stuff - Ultimate License
    Currently running Pirates of Drinax, and Skulls and Shackles
    Check out my little dungeon map blog

Quote Originally Posted by TrentLane View Post
    As Kelrugem already suggested, the Customised Item Generator is a great extension. It automatically adds the correct cost and the correct magical enhanchment. What it doesn't do is adding things like 1d6 bonus damage for smth like flaming. That's easiest done in the action tab in the attack itself. Add a second damage die and give it the "fire" describtor.
    Something like this flamingdagger.JPG

EDIT: Ignore that first fire describtor on the regular damage die, mistake on my side
    does the "-,masterwork" do anything or is that just a reminder?

does the "-,masterwork" do anything or is that just a reminder?
    When a weapon has that property then it automatically has a bonus of +1 on its attack action when you add this weapon to the inventory. So, it only has an influence on the automatic creation of its action entry in the actions tab and not any ongoing one.

See the fifth post here (from Moon Wizard) for more about weapon properties, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Property-list

basically, there is only one property with an ongoing effect, the touch property
    Last edited by Kelrugem; August 4th, 2019 at 16:10.

In this case, since it's also magic, it's more or less just a reminder. But the "masterwork" adds the +1 to hit if it wasn't a magic weapon. That "-," in front is just how the item generator outputs it in that case and could be deleted.

Edit: Kelrugem was a bit faster than myself
    Last edited by TrentLane; August 4th, 2019 at 16:08.
    Pathfinder/Traveller GM - Sometimes running CPRed, CoC, AD&D2E, and other stuff - Ultimate License
    Currently running Pirates of Drinax, and Skulls and Shackles
    Check out my little dungeon map blog

There's basic drag/drop magic item creation in the standard PFRPG ruleset. The "PFRPG Magic Items" module has some entries (e.g. Magic Weapon +1, Flaming Weapon) that you can drag/drop to a copy of a weapon. So, create a copy of a weapon (e.g. Longsword), then drag/drop the "Weapon +1" item to it. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you can then drag flaming weapon (for example) to it.

You're probably better off looking at the options already mentioned, but I thought I'd make people aware of what's in the ruleset as standard.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    There's basic drag/drop magic item creation in the standard PFRPG ruleset. The "PFRPG Magic Items" module has some entries (e.g. Magic Weapon +1, Flaming Weapon) that you can drag/drop to a copy of a weapon. So, create a copy of a weapon (e.g. Longsword), then drag/drop the "Weapon +1" item to it. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you can then drag flaming weapon (for example) to it.

You're probably better off looking at the options already mentioned, but I thought I'd make people aware of what's in the ruleset as standard.
    Wow, cool, thanks; I didn't know that there is some drag&drop thing for that this gives me a new for a next extension somewhen... *adds "forge extension with custom templates for magic effects" to his list*

EDIT: Ah, wait 5e has already that, so not completely new idea But I now know that I could look at this Drag&Drop code

This is incredible for my Rise of the Runelords game.
    Is there any way to add strength rating to a composite bow?
    Is there anything like this available for making items in PF2?

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    This is incredible for my Rise of the Runelords game.
    Is there any way to add strength rating to a composite bow?
    Is there anything like this available for making items in PF2?
    You can not predefine the strength rating as far as I know, you have to adjust this manually (the damage entry of a weapon can define the maximum value of the taken strength modifier, but the penalty coming from having to low strength is not automated)

About PF2: I do not know, you should ask this in the PF2 subforum here, I guess

Thread Information