DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FG Container for Rituals

Greetings,

First off, the fact that I can find absolutely nothing on this subject leads me to think that there must be something obvious that I'm missing.

Anyway, here's my question:

Q: What container type (i.e. Story, Spell, ?) within Fantasy Grounds would someone use if they wanted to organize a collection of Rituals?

And this question doesn't have anything to do with automation within FG, or anything like that. It's just a question of organization.

Thanks,

- s.west

What kind of organization?

What is the end result? Will there be individual records, or is it just a list/table? If individual records, what will they be used for?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Are the rituals you’re referring to similar to the Occult Rituals in the Occult Adventures product? If so, I’d recommended looking at how they’ve been done in FG for that product.
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 15th, 2021 at 16:31.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Are the rituals you’re referring to similar to the Occult Rituals in the Occult Adventures product?
    Yes, exactly.

If so, I’d recommended looking at how they’ve been done in FG for that product.
    Alas, it is precisely because no specification or use of a 'container' for Rituals is provided there that I ask the question here.

Interestingly, although there are extensive lists of new Spells included in Occult Adventures, the reference to Occult Rituals is confined to a collection of 11 'example' Rituals, and those are presented as formatted text within the Reference Manual only.

- s.west

And, to your earlier question about "What kind of organization?" I'm just looking for a reasonable way of cataloging/indexing them within a module so that they can be individually referenced and/or presented to players (like sharing a Story record, or a Spell record).

The Spell container appears to work just fine (you just end up adding Backlash and Failure stanzas down in the Effect block (which is formatted text). So, perhaps that's the best answer.

The primary reason I posed the question here, I suppose, is to find out whether there was existing precedent that just wasn't showing up in my research.

I went ahead and took one such Ritual to its logical (at least to me) conclusion, using the Spell container, with the following results:

Ritual.PNG

and that looks like it'll do just fine.

[edit]

I'll modify Spell(s) to Ritual(s) wherever possible.
    Last edited by swest; January 15th, 2021 at 17:04.

I'll keep an eye on this thread in case anyone else chimes in with recommendations or existing examples.

Otherwise, I'll proceed with co-opting the Spells container.

Thanks, Trenloe, for your input.

Cheers,

- s.west

Thread Information