5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Light Theme and Dark Theme Oddities

I am new to FGU (coming over from Roll20, hopefully) and am learning its eccentricities and quirks. I really like the new themes, but there are some oddities.

1. The Dark Theme "Story" text is nigh unreadable (see attached).
    2. The Dark Theme background image has a weird gray bar to the right that is not present in the Light Theme. Any way to use the Dark Theme background image without that gray bar, either with the Dark Theme or the Light Theme?
    3. It's a little odd that emoting in the Dark Theme has the same color as the rest of the text, while emoting in the Light Theme uses a different color
    4. Having said that, which seems like a lot of complaining, thanks for the themes. The text is much better than what I was using for the GURPS ruleset/theme.
    5. I guess the last question is, how easy/difficult is it to modify this theme by putting in a custom background, and what size does the image need to be?

Thanks in advance.

Dark Theme Story Unreadable.png
    Dark Theme.png
    Light Theme.png

It may be something to do with your display settings but the contrast between the text and background is much more obvious for me. I'm not seeing the band either; not sure if the ruleset has anything to do with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

These are indeed probably ruleset specific issues. Let us know which ruleset you are using and I can look into this for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It may be something to do with your display settings but the contrast between the text and background is much more obvious for me. I'm not seeing the band either; not sure if the ruleset has anything to do with it.
    I just tested in 5e, and have similar issues with 100% scaleui. I have black bar next to the background image, before the sidebar (but that could be the typical problem: The resolution of the background image is different to the monitor? I am not sure whether it is the best approach to have such a background because of different sort of resolutions )

There are indeed all sort of oddities, the "modifier" at the modifier box is nearly unreadable, the "menu" in the menu button of the CT seems to be too large on the other hand and so on (both themes) In the character sheet I also have a lot of just white bars over the ability and modifier numbers (just dark theme) (where you normally see STR etc., but that is not readable anymore)

EDIT: and the "put to background" arrows of images do not fit to the theme, but that is more a style problem rather than a bug or glitch
    Last edited by Kelrugem; September 25th, 2020 at 19:49.

The light theme certainly treats the background image better. It somehow looks like that the sidebar background of the dark theme is part of the background image and not really just put at the place of the sidebar, while the light theme does do that (and the chat font is a bit smaller, at least for the light theme, could that be; I am not sure, but the chat is somehow for me harder to read than usual )

Quote Originally Posted by jwatmough View Post
    These are indeed probably ruleset specific issues. Let us know which ruleset you are using and I can look into this for you.
    Thanks. It is the GURPS 4e ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFabulousIronChef View Post
    I guess the last question is, how easy/difficult is it to modify this theme by putting in a custom background, and what size does the image need to be?
    The extensions are not encrypted, do you know how to open these? I think it should be possible to open these, and then you can look for the sizes of the corresponding images you want to replace

I noticed the grey bar with the RM ruleset for the Dark theme.

This is in a new CoreRPG campaign, no extensions, and only the Dark Theme loaded.

This only seems to happen when FGU fills the screen. 1920x1080 resolution, either via the Maximize button or stretching it to fill the screen.

This is if I make the window small enough, the bar disappears.

If I stretch it across two screens (both 1920x1080), it has a grey bar in the middle and on the right.

I've also noticed that in both of the new themes the background image doesn't stretch if you have a large screen - it just repeats itself (vertically and horizontally) and on the dark theme you get that grey band to boot...

In addition, the shortcuts at the bottom don't seem to line up properly on the dark theme.

My screen runs at 2560x1440

Edit: Thought I'd add some screenshots - these are both a maximised window @2560x1440 and I've resized them to save on bandwidth.
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    Last edited by humby; September 25th, 2020 at 23:54.

Quote Originally Posted by humby View Post
    I've also noticed that in both of the new themes the background image doesn't stretch if you have a large screen - it just repeats itself (vertically and horizontally) and on the dark theme you get that grey band to boot...

In addition, the shortcuts at the bottom don't seem to line up properly on the dark theme.

My screen runs at 2560x1440

Edit: Thought I'd add some screenshots - these are both a maximised window @2560x1440 and I've resized them to save on bandwidth.
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    The first thing is normal for FG, so, to account any resolution it tiles the background and repeats it Therefore the standard backgrounds are often very homogenous to blend that such that one can only see it when looking closely That is what I meant above that a more detailed background like this can look strange on certain resolutions (but this black bar is another problem)

Thread Information