5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wire View Post
    Your problem really puzzles me. A zip is a zip. I opened the extension, freshly downloaded and it worked on a different PC. I think you are missing something. What zip tool are you using? I always use 7zip but again, all zips use the same algorithm. You seem to be computer literate so I don't want to insult you. What I do is this: download from first page, in download folder I right click, 7zip -> open archive (or extract).

The zip algorithm is defined in the file header so 7zip will auto-detect and do the right thing.
    Yeah, I am puzzled, too, I download it, change the .ext to .zip and then right-click to extract all So, I do not use 7zip but the native version in Windows (10)

And this always worked except now; but I do know that FG has problems with several zipping programmes (not 7zip or the native one), for example some users were still using WinRar, and their extensions can't be read by FG for example (as far as I remember). When you search the forums then you can find several threads were the problem was the programme used for zipping (and I do not mean the problem that some users zipped the folder and not within it)

EDIT: Thence, I assume that here something similar happens; whether or not that this is the root cause I can't say
    Last edited by Kelrugem; April 28th, 2020 at 19:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Yeah, I am puzzled, too, I download it, change the .ext to .zip and then right-click to extract all So, I do not use 7zip but the native version in Windows (10)

And this always worked except now; but I do know that FG has problems with several zipping programmes (not 7zip or the native one), for example some users were still using WinRar, and their extensions can't be read by FG for example (as far as I remember). When you search the forums then you can find several threads were the problem was the programme used for zipping (and I do not mean the problem that some users zipped the folder and not within it)

EDIT: Thence, I assume that here something similar happens; whether or not that this is the root cause I can't say
    I looked at the ext in binary format to look at the compression header and here's what it says:

Rar!

So, yes, it is a Rar. It just needs to be recompressed with zip.

As a friend: get a better zip tool man
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

I looked at the ext in binary format to look at the compression header and here's what it says:

Rar!

So, yes, it is a Rar. It just needs to be recompressed with zip.
    Ah, there we might have the cause

As a friend: get a better zip tool man
    Hehe, I see

Blog Entries
    Not sure what's going on with the Unity client but (and this is verbatim what I suggested previously) if I change:

Code:
    <ruleset>
    	<name>Any</name>
    </ruleset>
    to simply:

Code:
    <ruleset>Any</ruleset>
    it works like it's supposed to:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Talyn; April 28th, 2020 at 19:37.

Just an FYI, after reading the post, 7Zip works fine on this extension. For some reason Windows Zip can not open it, shows to be corrupt. Everything works fine, except of coarse Windows Zip.

Quote Originally Posted by ChazC View Post
    Jees - that’s a couple of lists! No promises but I’ll see what I can do as and when I get the chance.

More than happy to send you the .psd template I used if you want to do them yourself though?
    Hi ChazC, I noticed that the party button might also be new for FGU, sorry I didnt spot it before:

Also, I use another extension called AudioOverseer and was hoping to get that button updated also! I have little to no experience in photoshop but if you send me the template, I could try give it a go.

Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi All. I'm having a little trouble with this file. My FG Classic still does not see it. I've read through this thread and tried doing what other people have found successful but I still have no luck. He's what I've tried so far.
    -downloaded the file; opened it up with Notepad++ and confirmed that it was encoded as Rar!
    -extracted the files
    -renamed the line in the .xml from "5e" to "5E". Note I've tried leaving it alone too.
    -recompiling it as a .zip encoding using 7zip
    -Renaming the zip file with it's original name and an .ext extension (I think his where I'm breaking it as I'm not sure if this is the correct way to create the .ext file. I haven't found anything on the internet on how to correctly do this part)

Any help will be appreciated.
    Never make fun of a person before walking a mile in their shoes... that way, when you do make fun of them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    dont zip the parent folder - just the contents.
    Been messing with this thing for the past couple days trying different combinations but still no luck. When I extract it, I get the 3 files below
    -Notes.txt
    -extensions.xml
    -graphics folder; sub folder sidebar; the individual button .png files
    I don't get a parent folder that all three of these are wrapped up in... or should I? If I try just zipping these 3 up in a file called 'CoreButtonsFor5e.ext' it still doesn't work for me.

Not sure whats going on. Any chance one of you guys could give it a shot and repost the .ext encoded with zip instead of rar. For some reason, it's just not working for me. Anyone else have this problem?
    Never make fun of a person before walking a mile in their shoes... that way, when you do make fun of them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCon-One View Post
    Been messing with this thing for the past couple days trying different combinations but still no luck. When I extract it, I get the 3 files below
    -Notes.txt
    -extensions.xml
    -graphics folder; sub folder sidebar; the individual button .png files
    I don't get a parent folder that all three of these are wrapped up in... or should I? If I try just zipping these 3 up in a file called 'CoreButtonsFor5e.ext' it still doesn't work for me.

Not sure whats going on. Any chance one of you guys could give it a shot and repost the .ext encoded with zip instead of rar. For some reason, it's just not working for me. Anyone else have this problem?

Well. I was gonna send you the one I use but I can not figure out how to attach a file to the message.
    I had to extract it with 7zip. I changed 5E to <ruleset><name>Any</name></ruleset>, I then used windows default zip to zip it back up. Loads and works fine, but I do not use it anymore.

My process for it: Go into the parent folder ( CoreButtonsFor5E ), shift select graphics folder, extension.xml and notes.txt. Right click, select Send To; Compressed Folder. Rename the zipped file to CoreButtonsFor5E.ext.

Hope it helps.

Thread Information