FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Switching to FGU mid campaign.

Is it possible to just copy my FGC campaign across to FGU and carry on? Or does that cause problems?

Yes, and possibly - depending on a few things. First you'll need to clear all of the PCs ownership since your players will be connecting with different names. Second if you use extensions those might cause issues if they don't work in FGU. Otherwise there shouldn't be any issues.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Cheers I would switch off all extensions first. I do use a lot. I know most work in FGU but would still test.

So I did as you suggested. Cleared all character ownerships, and cleared all extensions. Campaign loaded, but none of the characters appear in the character selection window. The campaign tracker is blank of both characters and NPCs that are there in the FGC campaign. All the modules load.

None of my story entries are there, but the pins I made for them are on the map, and the player tokens are also on the map where they were left in FGC campaign.

I copied across the campaign folder and the cache folder for the specific campaign. Should there have been anything else? I have the default file locations:

FGC C:\User\appdata\roaming\fantsy grounds\....
    FGU C:\User\appdata\roaming\smiteworks\fantasy grounds\...

If I copy the campaign within the FGC folder, It loads and is a straight duplicate

Blog Entries
    Follow this process and the character ownership mentioned by Mr Z. Also be aware that player notes may have to be copied because of change in user names.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ampaign-to-FGU

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

As I noted above it may depend on the extensions you are using. I've seen reports of characters not loading because the user was using some kind of spell token extension which I'm not familiar with.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Follow this process and the character ownership mentioned by Mr Z. Also be aware that player notes may have to be copied because of change in user names.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ampaign-to-FGU
    I did exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    As I noted above it may depend on the extensions you are using. I've seen reports of characters not loading because the user was using some kind of spell token extension which I'm not familiar with.

This might be it. I’ll unload all extensions and related modules and see if that works. Not sure why story entries, NPCs, encounters would also go missing.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    This might be it. I’ll unload all extensions and related modules and see if that works. Not sure why story entries, NPCs, encounters would also go missing.
    If those are self created then they should be there but again it may be related to something in the character part of the xml. FGU might get to a point in the xml and give up so not reaching the bit beyond the bit it doesn't like. If these things are edits to something in the campaign they'll be in the moduledb folder. But if you copy the campaign folder in its entirety then you'll also be taking that folder with you.

Thread Information