STAR TREK 2d20
Page 17 of 68 First ... 715161718192767 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    Very odd. Did you add any tokens to the map between the time it was working and when you got the error? Do you have any other extensions loaded? If it does come up again, you may be able to kick it by removing/re-adding the tokens from the combat tracker and resharing the map. That's just a system call, so not really sure how it could have disappeared.
    Yes I added an encounter to the map however I also added encounters previous to this and I didn't get the error. Yes there are other extensions so I get that probably isn't much help. I was rather confused why this was throwing an error as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Attachment 46423

I got this error in my campaign tonight. Everything was working fine and then the last battle I got this error. Never changed maps.
    Very odd. Did you add any tokens to the map between the time it was working and when you got the error? Do you have any other extensions loaded? If it does come up again, you may be able to kick it by removing/re-adding the tokens from the combat tracker and resharing the map. That's just a system call, so not really sure how it could have disappeared.
    notice the error is coming from line 7 which in your extension doesn't call getGridSide.
    almost certainly an extension conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    notice the error is coming from line 7 which in your extension doesn't call getGridSide.
    almost certainly an extension conflict.
    Actually in the latest, line 7 is (part of the getImageSettings() function):
    Code:
    local gridsize = getGridSize()
    The question I'm struggling with is whether it's better to protect against these strange cases (if getGridSize then ...) and just have the extension silently stop working, return some default value that may generally work but not always (like squirelling away the values when the image is initialized), or let the error occur and have it complain when it stops working... I can't think of any way to prevent a function from somehow disappearing (or why it would, unless there is an odd extension conflict).

@rhagelstrom - was there anything different about the last encounter that you added than the earlier encounters? Were the tokens prearranged in the encounter or did you add the NPCs to the combat tracker and then drag from there to the map? Was the error on the DM console, the players' consoles, or both?
    Last edited by GKEnialb; May 7th, 2021 at 16:46.

I loaded up the campaign again today and ran the same encounter without issue. I was running a map that was created with assets within fantasy grounds so there is that wild card as well. For now I'd say its not reproducible.

The issue was on the DM side. The larger issue with the error is that when the error was thrown it wouldn't allow me to make ranged attacks so I had to just do them manually. I agree with @GKEnialb that it really shouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Yes there are other extensions so I get that probably isn't much help.
    Perhaps you could get a list together of what extensions you're using?

EDIT: kevininrussia has been having this issue too:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Handler-error
    Last edited by bmos; May 7th, 2021 at 19:26.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Perhaps you could get a list together of what extensions you're using?

EDIT: kevininrussia has been having this issue too:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Handler-error
    It would be great to see the list of extensions (and ruleset) for both rhagelstrom and kevininrussia. In the meantime, I've uploaded v3.4 which will keep things running if the functions get dropped so you won't have to switch to doing things manually in the middle of a battle...

It would be great to see the list of extensions (and ruleset) for both rhagelstrom and kevininrussia. In the meantime, I've uploaded v3.4 which will keep things running if the functions get dropped so you won't have to switch to doing things manually in the middle of a battle...
    I have not experienced this issue after I updated Token Height Indicator extension a week ago. I will report back if it pops its head up again.

Great - thanks.

In the meantime, I've uploaded v3.4 which will keep things running if the functions get dropped so you won't have to switch to doing things manually in the middle of a battle...
    clever workaround!

I tried to recreate multiple times but was unable. I don't feel like list of extensions will help but here it is:
    Advanced Effects
    Attunement Tracker
    Automatic Critical Damage
    Automatic Death Resistance
    Automatic Flanking and Range (no issue year+)
    Automatic Halfling Luck
    Automatic Mirror Image
    Automatic Save Advantage
    Automatic Sneak Attack
    Better Combat Effects (Self ext for homebrew)
    Constutional Amendments
    Dark Luck (self ext for homebrew)
    Indicators
    Miss Flavor Text
    Turn Based Effects
    Aura Effects
    Drowbe's Chat
    MN Combat Stats
    Random Encounter Gen
    Token Height

Thread Information