DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 19 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    I feel your pain. I love the Modiphius 2d20 system in pretty much all its forms but having it tied to a company that a turtle looks at and goes "Damn! Y'all are slow!" is kinda disheartening. But onward, I suppose.

Yea I remember hoping this ruleset would be released in time for my birthday. In May. Of 2020. At this point I’m convinced it’s just vapor ware.

No, it will get there. The real hold up was the company doing the programming had to redo a lot due to Fantasy Grounds reworking key code. And it wasn't just effecting star trek. The had to rework Conan first, since it was already out. I think it lost them months. And the there was the pandemic that may have slowed it down. Anyway. I think its getting closer...but it is frustrating knowing there is a working product that just needs tweets to be finished.

We do occasionally rework core systems to provide more functionality or to streamline theming. We always recommend that ruleset developers do not attempt to customize that code; though that advice is not always taken.

Regards,
    JPG

Hi All, Had there been any further updates on the STA Campaign Set?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbens View Post
    Hi All, Had there been any further updates on the STA Campaign Set?
    It seems it was sent to Smiteworks, but was sent back for a few visual edits.

https://discord.com/channels/4914622...65215702937692

That Discord link doesn't work for me.

However, as far as I know, STA has not been submitted to SmiteWorks at all, and I would have heard about it. Also, it has not been checked into our source control for DLC either, so there is no way it can be reviewed before that happens.

Regards,
    JPG

Someone named Vegaserik on Discord said the last they heard it was in QA, but that could take a day, or weeks. Then Derick from Fantasy Grounds said just "Soon". That was on Oct 7th. Lloyd, from Modiphius Customer service said on Oct 3rd, "
    Apoloiges for the delay, we are submitting this to the Smiteworks, so please expect it sometime soon. Unfortunately I cannot give a time frame for it at this time." If Modiphius said they were submitting it a week ago, what would have held things up? This is the annoying bit about dealing with 3 different company's that don't communicate directly with each other. I'll go back to Modiphius again. I wish someone would give regular updates though.

We do not give any dates or even estimates until we have the DLC in our hands and it has gone through an initial quality review on our end. We have found that delivery of DLC can be impacted by many, many factors outside of our control with both the DLC developer and publisher. I think that Derek was being a little tongue-in-cheek with the Soon(tm) kind of answer; because all we know is that it is actively being worked on last we heard a couple weeks ago. In general, I don't count on anything actually being "done" until we have the files in our source control and it has passed an initial review. Also, you should expect that rulesets will take longer to QA than normal DLC, because they are much more complex and require more time for basic testing which means they will most likely need multiple rounds of review.

Unless you see an answer directly from us that they have been submitted and we are in QA, review or finalizing, then I would take any other estimate given with a grain of salt. Ultimately, we are the last stop for publishing on the Fantasy Grounds platform, so if we haven't seen the files, it isn't close.

Regards,
    JPG

Fairly direct, which is something we haven't been getting from Modiphius or Nerdeye. Would it be possible to get regular updates once its been handed off? The one thing that's been missing is any sort of idea about what part of the process the project is in. We're more or less been forced to read the tea leaves in scraps of info we're able to get on the various forums or from customer service. Thoughts?

Thread Information