5E Character Create Playlist
Page 86 of 112 First ... 3676848586878896 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaith View Post
    Hello,
    I just created an elemental aura for dragons, and I am currently trying not to have it target themselves.

AURA: 5 all; Electricity Aura; IF: FACTION(notself); DMGO: 1d6 electricity

This affect works when placed on a PC, but does not work for NPCs. (As in it does not deal damage to the PC, when the effect is placed upon them, but the npc receives the damage). Is that how this was always supposed to work? I thought it might have been another mod conflict, so I tried it with just the aura mod loaded and same issue.

Any assistance is appreciated if I am somehow imputing the code wrong.

This is for PF1e - did not see if there was a specific place for that, forge link lead me to the 5e thread.

Thanks,
    -Elaith

This should work. I did notice there might be an issue with the Aura Effects and DMGO coding from FGU; as when I tried other effects it worked fine.

I do also want to add when you are doing it for the NPC make sure it's their turn or coming from them in the CT; you can't manually type it in there. notself coding needs to know who is casting it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    This should work. I did notice there might be an issue with the Aura Effects and DMGO coding from FGU; as when I tried other effects it worked fine.

I do also want to add when you are doing it for the NPC make sure it's their turn or coming from them in the CT; you can't manually type it in there. notself coding needs to know who is casting it.
    I was manually cycling through the combat tracker, and I was dragging the aura effect from a test npc, so that was not the issue.

But I changed the aura to ATK: 5, and did not affect the user, so you are correct, issue with DMGO code. Thanks for the insight, I should have thought of that one, but been trying to knock out campaign details and got side tracked.

But that indeed seems to be the case, not sure if anything can be done with the aura code, but maybe i'll go take a gander at the DMGO code and see if I can figure something out.

Thanks again,
    -Elaith

I noticed an issue that I believe is the result of two extensions (Better Combat Effects Gold and the Aura Extension) not working together properly.

I put an aura on an NPC that prompted anyone who starts their turn in said aura to make a constitution saving throw, or be poisoned.
    One of my PC's who happens to have a racial trait granting advantage on all poison-based saving throws noted that the automated saving throw did not take that advantage into account, despite having that advantage automated via the better combat effects gold code.

I still need to go disable all my extensions save for those two and then try it again to make sure the issue is isolated to those two extensions only. I'll update later on this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by jfg1984 View Post
    I noticed an issue that I believe is the result of two extensions (Better Combat Effects Gold and the Aura Extension) not working together properly.

I put an aura on an NPC that prompted anyone who starts their turn in said aura to make a constitution saving throw, or be poisoned.
    One of my PC's who happens to have a racial trait granting advantage on all poison-based saving throws noted that the automated saving throw did not take that advantage into account, despite having that advantage automated via the better combat effects gold code.

I still need to go disable all my extensions save for those two and then try it again to make sure the issue is isolated to those two extensions only. I'll update later on this evening.
    I can take a look tonight. Keep in mind though that in 5E poison (damage type), is completely different than poisoned (condition). It is easy for someone to get those confused as the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jfg1984 View Post

It's working for me can you tell me the coding you using?

Here is mine.

This is on the NPC near the PC
    Code:
    Poo; AURA: 20 all; Poo; SAVEE: 15 CON (M); SAVEADD: Poisoned
    This is on the PC making the save
    Code:
    Stout Resilience; ADVCOND: poisoned

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    It's working for me can you tell me the coding you using?

Here is mine.

This is on the NPC near the PC
    Code:
    Poo; AURA: 20 all; Poo; SAVEE: 15 CON (M); SAVEADD: Poisoned
    This is on the PC making the save
    Code:
    Stout Resilience; ADVCOND: poisoned
    This is getting off topic for this thread and should be moved to BCEG for future replies.
    That being said:

Stout Resilience
    You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage.

BCEG is not going to grant adv on save vs poisoned condition because that isn't what the Trait says. Poison is a damage type, so it would grant adv against Green Dragon Breath Weapon. One can rule that it should grant adv vs poisoned condition and use the above that Mr DDT posted but that would be a rule for your table

I'm not sure what has changed, but my PCs aura effects, e.g. "FROM AURA" doesn't appear to be working. I know it was working, so I'm not sure why it isn't now.

Here's my current CT
    Screenshot 2022-12-11 074904.png

Here is the PC's character sheet with the aura
    Screenshot 2022-12-11 075012.png

Extensions Loaded:
    • Extaplaner containers
    • Inventory Identified
    • Token Height Indication
    • Death Indicator
    • Advanced Effect - 5E
    • Generic Actions
    • Has Initiative Indicator
    • Map Parcel
    • Syrincape Sounds
    • MNM Character Sheet Tweeks
    • NPC Flavors
    • Polymorphism
    • MNM Player Journal
    • Equipped Effects
    • 5E - Exhausted
    • Better Combat Effect Gold
    • Constitual Amendents
    • Friend Zone
    • 5E Undo Last Heal/Damage
    • Aura Effect

I get infinite duplicate FROMAURA effect entries when I enter a gas cloud but the NPC has Conditional Immunity to one of the effects - in this case "poisoned".

I have this on the gas cloud NPC...

Gas Cloud_Gas Cloud (Huge); AURA: 15 all; Gas Cloud; IF: FACTION(notself); Poisoned; Blinded

And when PC/NPC enters the range of this AURA it normally results in this effect

FROMAURA; Gas Cloud; IF: FACTION(notself); Poisoned; Blinded

Which has no problem in being removed when it goes out of range of the cloud.

However, when the PC/NPC entering the cloud has immunity to poisoned I get this effect...

FROMAURA; Gas Cloud; IF: FACTION(notself); Blinded

And results in never removing it when the PC/NPC goes out of range of the aura resulting in infinite repeats when the AURA triggers...

I would have thought it did duplicate compares based on the "FROMAURA; Gas Cloud" string alone or the actual parsed effect from data being applied - but as its not it can never work when FGU applies immunities.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; December 11th, 2022 at 20:23.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I get infinite duplicate FROMAURA effect entries when I enter a gas cloud but the NPC has Conditional Immunity to one of the effects - in this case "poisoned".

I have this on the gas cloud NPC...

Gas Cloud_Gas Cloud (Huge); AURA: 15 all; Gas Cloud; IF: FACTION(notself); Poisoned; Blinded

And when PC/NPC enters the range of this AURA it normally results in this effect

FROMAURA; Gas Cloud; IF: FACTION(notself); Poisoned; Blinded

Which has no problem in being removed when it goes out of range of the cloud.

However, when the PC/NPC entering the cloud has immunity to poisoned I get this effect...

And results in never removing it when the PC/NPC goes out of range of the aura resulting in infinite repeats when the AURA triggers...

I would have thought it did duplicate compares based on the "FROMAURA; Gas Cloud" string alone or the actual parsed effect from data being applied - but as its not it can never work when FGU applies immunities.
    How interesting. As someone who hasn't really used the 5E ruleset much I didn't realize it had an effect that does string replacement on other effects for condition removal.
    That feels like a very weird approach, but I can look into my preferred method to work around that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZelieDad View Post
    I'm not sure what has changed, but my PCs aura effects, e.g. "FROM AURA" doesn't appear to be working. I know it was working, so I'm not sure why it isn't now.

Here's my current CT
    Screenshot 2022-12-11 074904.png

Here is the PC's character sheet with the aura
    Screenshot 2022-12-11 075012.png

Extensions Loaded:
    • Extaplaner containers
    • Inventory Identified
    • Token Height Indication
    • Death Indicator
    • Advanced Effect - 5E
    • Generic Actions
    • Has Initiative Indicator
    • Map Parcel
    • Syrincape Sounds
    • MNM Character Sheet Tweeks
    • NPC Flavors
    • Polymorphism
    • MNM Player Journal
    • Equipped Effects
    • 5E - Exhausted
    • Better Combat Effect Gold
    • Constitual Amendents
    • Friend Zone
    • 5E Undo Last Heal/Damage
    • Aura Effect
    As usual, removing extensions and testing with just Aura effect is your first step.
    If it then works again, re-enable extensions one at a time or in batches to track down which it is.

Thread Information