Starfinder Playlist

Group list box control in parcel/npc/etc. sheets

Can someone point me to a document or explain how to add a control like the group list in parcels/npcs/etc.?

I've been looking around and see things like masterindex and groupbox but for some reason I'm not really catching on how it all works. I want to add this group list functionality to the top of another sheet and need to understand how it works. For example the generic ability to create group names (create/edit/remove) them and add entries into them by dragging must be a standard piece of code somewhere that I can pretty much grab intact for use elsewhere I would think.

Anyone know how to add that to an XML? And how that would work so I could use it for myself?
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Don't make me dig into this on my own

It's actually a combination of controls and scripts custom built for the campaign index lists. There's no documentation, nor is it really designed to be re-used.

Note that "groups" as they are used in the campaign index lists are actually called categories in the database, and have a unique storage mechanism under child category tags. You can see the DB/databasenode API calls for category for how to change.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It's actually a combination of controls and scripts custom built for the campaign index lists. There's no documentation, nor is it really designed to be re-used.

Note that "groups" as they are used in the campaign index lists are actually called categories in the database, and have a unique storage mechanism under child category tags. You can see the DB/databasenode API calls for category for how to change.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks - almost sounds like I might want to just make my own drop down list with drop capabilities. But I'll check into it over the coming weeks thanks for the clues.

There's already a combo box template you can use in CoreRPG; but it doesn't know anything about drops. You might be able to use that and add drop support layered on top of it.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There's already a combo box template you can use in CoreRPG; but it doesn't know anything about drops. You might be able to use that and add drop support layered on top of it.

Regards,
    JPG
    I know, I had to rewrite it and expand its functionality for my polymorphism extension - this would be more expanding of it.

Edit: I basically had to have sizing settings for sub windows to allow for it to properly be selected when flush up against another window (drop down would extend into that window space and have to expand and contract it when done selecting the entry).
    Last edited by SilentRuin; November 11th, 2020 at 13:59.

Thread Information