Starfinder Playlist
Page 49 of 112 First ... 3947484950515999 ... Last
    I was playing around with the better combat effects and seeing if I could replace on going saves in one of my auras:

Moonbeam; AURA: 5 all; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVEOS: CON 14 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 2d10 radiant, spell, magic

The aura works but it is hitting itself so it is acting like it is ignoring the IF statement. When I use the ongoing saves from Kent:

Moonbeam; AURA: 5 all; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVEO: CON DC 14 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 2d10 radiant, spell, magic

It is working fine. Is this something that this ext needs to pick up (the SAVEOS) or is this something I should take over to the better combat effects ext for a request?

Any guidance would be great. My goal is to drop a couple of ext and replace them with the better combat effects ext.

Thanks!

I just wanted to say thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I was playing around with the better combat effects and seeing if I could replace on going saves in one of my auras:

Moonbeam; AURA: 5 all; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVEOS: CON 14 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 2d10 radiant, spell, magic

The aura works but it is hitting itself so it is acting like it is ignoring the IF statement. When I use the ongoing saves from Kent:

Moonbeam; AURA: 5 all; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVEO: CON DC 14 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 2d10 radiant, spell, magic

It is working fine. Is this something that this ext needs to pick up (the SAVEOS) or is this something I should take over to the better combat effects ext for a request?

Any guidance would be great. My goal is to drop a couple of ext and replace them with the better combat effects ext.

Thanks!
    It's very likely that BCE isn't respecting the IF statements. I'll take a look at and if it isn't respecting them I'll put that at the top of the list of things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    It's very likely that BCE isn't respecting the IF statements. I'll take a look at and if it isn't respecting them I'll put that at the top of the list of things to do.
    After looking at BCE code, I think this is the case. You might want to look at using hasEffect

It would be possible to automate this power with this extension

Starting at 1st level, you can forge an empowering bond among people who are at peace with one another. As an action, you choose a number of willing creatures within 30 feet of you (this can include yourself) equal to your proficiency bonus. You create a magical bond among them for 10 minutes or until you use this feature again. While any bonded creature is within 30 feet of another, the creature can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to an attack roll, an ability check, or a saving throw it makes. Each creature can add the d4 no more than once per turn.

You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Can you give me specific steps to prompt that error? I now have this extension (thanks to arcanjl) so I can hopefully fix compatibility.
    I know it is related to concentration but since I don't use the ext or 5e in general it would help a lot if i had a step by step process to reproduce the problem.
    I DM'd you but not sure if it went through, so replying here as well to be safe.

The error only occurred with Polymorph, since it was the only shapechange effect with concentration. The effect applies correctly, but when you break concentration (either by manually deleting the effect, failing a concentration check or clicking the 'Stop Concentrating' button) the error pops up. It doesn't seem to happen if the polymorphed form is reduced to 0 hp and the creature changes back, even though this also removes the polymorph effect. The same thing happens whether the caster is the target or not.

Everything seems to work correctly, even with the error, but since I don't know what the error is I don't know if there is anything unseen going on so I've avoided using them together.

Let me know if you want me to go into more detail on any particular part!

Quote Originally Posted by randomnumber46 View Post
    I DM'd you but not sure if it went through, so replying here as well to be safe.

The error only occurred with Polymorph, since it was the only shapechange effect with concentration. The effect applies correctly, but when you break concentration (either by manually deleting the effect, failing a concentration check or clicking the 'Stop Concentrating' button) the error pops up. It doesn't seem to happen if the polymorphed form is reduced to 0 hp and the creature changes back, even though this also removes the polymorph effect. The same thing happens whether the caster is the target or not.

Everything seems to work correctly, even with the error, but since I don't know what the error is I don't know if there is anything unseen going on so I've avoided using them together.

Let me know if you want me to go into more detail on any particular part!
    haven't had a chance to test it yet, but that sounds like just what I need. thanks!

So I was pleasantly surprised to see the update on this thread so thank you for continuing to stay on top of this. I did have an issue with applying it though...

I have a homebrew effect where if anyone is within 5 feet of PC at start of their turn they take 1d4 acid damage from aura. I have it coded as the following:

Effluvium; AURA: 8 all; IF:FACTION(notself); DMGO: 1d4 acid

There is a timing involved and the aura is applied to SELF. Long story short it works great EXCEPT if the creature within the aura is larger than Medium. If it is a large creature, then the 4 squares along the top edge including the corners do not have the FROMAURA effect. Once the PC is in any of the other 6 squares surrounding the Large creature, it will take damage at the start of its turn as it should. Suggestions in regards to size of tokens?

Quote Originally Posted by Shireling View Post
    So I was pleasantly surprised to see the update on this thread so thank you for continuing to stay on top of this. I did have an issue with applying it though...

I have a homebrew effect where if anyone is within 5 feet of PC at start of their turn they take 1d4 acid damage from aura. I have it coded as the following:

Effluvium; AURA: 8 all; IF:FACTION(notself); DMGO: 1d4 acid

There is a timing involved and the aura is applied to SELF. Long story short it works great EXCEPT if the creature within the aura is larger than Medium. If it is a large creature, then the 4 squares along the top edge including the corners do not have the FROMAURA effect. Once the PC is in any of the other 6 squares surrounding the Large creature, it will take damage at the start of its turn as it should. Suggestions in regards to size of tokens?
    Interesting! I haven't seen this issue myself although I have used large creatures.
    What ruleset? Why 8 ft in your effect? Are you using raw distance?
    You also might want to try using https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ight-Indicator

Thread Information