DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

How does FG handle "extras"

After a couple of years of not being in gaming I am finally getting back in. I love Savage Worlds and have GM'd it many times before my hiatus.

I am looking into using Fantasy Grounds and one thing I am wondering is how it handles what Savage Worlds calls "extras." This is one of the things that make me love Savage Worlds, but I am concerned with what I read and see that Fantasy Grounds might not be able to handle it as well as face to face. For instance:

In a Face to Face game I can make one Combat roll for a whole group. Can I do this in Fantasy Grounds?

Quote Originally Posted by savagegm View Post
    After a couple of years of not being in gaming I am finally getting back in. I love Savage Worlds and have GM'd it many times before my hiatus.

I am looking into using Fantasy Grounds and one thing I am wondering is how it handles what Savage Worlds calls "extras." This is one of the things that make me love Savage Worlds, but I am concerned with what I read and see that Fantasy Grounds might not be able to handle it as well as face to face. For instance:

In a Face to Face game I can make one Combat roll for a whole group. Can I do this in Fantasy Grounds?
    Extras are supported by the ruleset. For instance if you want to make group roll, just hold ALT down while making any trait rolls from extra sheet and it becomes Group Roll.

Also in combat you can quickly assign extras to PCs. Combat tracker has special support that if you add extras to PCs group, thatPC gets control over them and can move them on map and make their trait/attack rolls.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Also in combat you can quickly assign extras to PCs. Combat tracker has special support that if you add extras to PCs group, thatPC gets control over them and can move them on map and make their trait/attack rolls.
    Can you elaborate on that technique? I can't seem to duplicate it in SWADE (FGC)...
    Ultimate License Holder (Classic and Unity)

Rulesets Owned:

Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition (Ruleset, Investigator Handbook, Down Darker Trails, Pulp)
    D&D 5e (Adventures, Completionist, Essentials Bundles)
    Mutants and Masterminds
    Pathfinder (Core Rules, Advanced Class/Player/Race Guide, Ultimate Magic/Campaign/Combat/Equipment, Unchained)
    Pathfinder 2nd Edition (Core Rules)
    Savage Worlds (Deluxe, SWADE, Deadlands Reloaded, Rifts)
    13th Age
    Vampire the Masquerade 5th Edition

Thank you for the information. I am a GM and hope to start working on an adventure to GM soon.

Drop the npc on the red square in the center
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

LOL.

I wondered what that was, but now with your zoomed in picture I see it.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    Thank you! This is awesome! It will help in my upcoming pulp game where the heroes (and their NPC allies) face off against the Cult of the Sun Disk!
    Ultimate License Holder (Classic and Unity)

Rulesets Owned:

Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition (Ruleset, Investigator Handbook, Down Darker Trails, Pulp)
    D&D 5e (Adventures, Completionist, Essentials Bundles)
    Mutants and Masterminds
    Pathfinder (Core Rules, Advanced Class/Player/Race Guide, Ultimate Magic/Campaign/Combat/Equipment, Unchained)
    Pathfinder 2nd Edition (Core Rules)
    Savage Worlds (Deluxe, SWADE, Deadlands Reloaded, Rifts)
    13th Age
    Vampire the Masquerade 5th Edition

Extras are supported by the ruleset. For instance if you want to make group roll, just hold ALT down while making any trait rolls from extra sheet and it becomes Group Roll.
    Hi, Ikael, can you elabourate on how to use this? I've tried rolling Group Rolls for Extra groups and it doesn't seem to apply it to the group, rather it just seems to tag the First acting Extra's Roll as a "Group Roll" what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
    -Toko
    - ToKo

ULTIMATE LISCENSE HOLDER, BABY!
    "Roll20 ruined my first Ambush, and I never looked back..."
    Dean - East Texas University - Higher Education Campaign - (SWADE Ruleset) In Progress

Are small things like that documented? The ruleset evolved quite a lot since Deluxe and the Wiki docs are outdated. Plus, the combat tracker is not really addressed and still find new things while playing.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information