DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 20 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    many thanks for the sub setup and map making support...

I posted this on discord but it might have been missed... am I the only dm that, when using the new WESTERN theme, sees a big blank box where the effects should be? players saw the effects list, but I did not (happened yesterday, 2/14). I closed the table, restarted with simple brown, and saw the effects list just fine. figured I would mention it here in case it has happened to others...

while on the topic - is there a way to save the fact I close the wanted poster - so that all that shows the next time I open is the wooden fence? saving the campaign does not save this.

again, many thanks for all the content and support.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    With all these art packs it would be informational if on the image there was an indication of the total amount of data (KB/MB) that will be sent over to the clients.
    Its not going to be much difference between themes, and would only impact someone on a terrible internet connection (like 1990's connections)

The total amount of data will depend on what assets are added to an image that is then shared with a player. I don't think providing the file size of every single asset woudl help many people. I doubt many GMs will want to work out exactly which assets they've used and then come and calculate the total file sizes to then get an idea of the total size being sent to clients. I wonder exactly what the need is for this?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The total amount of data will depend on what assets are added to an image that is then shared with a player. I don't think providing the file size of every single asset woudl help many people. I doubt many GMs will want to work out exactly which assets they've used and then come and calculate the total file sizes to then get an idea of the total size being sent to clients. I wonder exactly what the need is for this?
    I mean just the sum of all the assets in the image and paint layers. Given that the assets, if you subscribe to the art subscription takes a pretty long time to download, it is pretty easy to just go overboard in adding assets to you map without any idea of the the potential fallout. Generally if someone has a 14 MB raster image they are sharing with their players and it is a problem the solution is: don't do that, make it smaller. If you make an image with assets you don't really know the sum of all the assets and layers you are sharing. Yes I know a single image asset is only sent once even if duplicated multiple times. Even if someone isn't using assets and shares a 14 MB image and it is slow or problematic, the fact the image says 14MB might be a hint to change something. I agree no one really cares about the size of a single asset image such as a wall, tent, door or whatever.

Instead of a file size for assets I think it would be nice when the map creation tools of FGU have some box somewhere showing the actual total file size (sum of the file size of all assets) That would help, to avoid making too big maps

Feature requests can be made here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Feature requests can be made here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Thanks, I've added it here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135717

Wizard theme is broken currently (Story templates are broken and you can make new ones)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightan View Post
    Wizard theme is broken currently (Story templates are broken and you can make new ones)
    Are you referring to the Wizard's Desk theme? I do not get any errors or issues. Could you clarify your issues so that we might be able to help you with a solution?

When opening a new story you can not make a title and it is not aligned correctly. i have most recent update and no extension on.

Thread Information