DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 20 of 38 First ... 10181920212230 ... Last
    There’s a conflict with other extensions which add index buttons to library windows like “items” using the LibraryData.addIndexButton() function. For instance, the 5E Random Spellbook Generator adds a button to bring up the generator to the item list. This button is inaccessible while Equipped Effects is loaded, so I suspect something is being overwritten.

Quote Originally Posted by pr6i6e6st View Post
    There’s a conflict with other extensions which add index buttons to library windows like “items” using the LibraryData.addIndexButton() function. For instance, the 5E Random Spellbook Generator adds a button to bring up the generator to the item list. This button is inaccessible while Equipped Effects is loaded, so I suspect something is being overwritten.
    Ok its resolved. FGU has LibraryData structures that I replace and add in things. A while back I added options to resolve any conflicts these caused.

So when you have spell list conflicts (for where I add in import/export buttons which are purely optional) you turn off "Spell Import Export(restart app)" and restart the application.

When you have item list conflicts (like this one - where I added in subtype search for item list) you turn off "Item Subtype Search(restart app)" and restart the application.

I've forgotten most things I've added into my extensions which is why I maintain these threads which contain all the original reasons (like these) on why I added things in.

In the end I wrote this stuff for ME and add things in I want over time.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 15th, 2021 at 20:36.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    So I've been told. As I don't use these or have any idea what they do I've tried to guess today on what might be something generic I'm not doing correctly. The XML modifications on my side are joins - so as long as the other extensions play nice it should not be that. There are templates involved also - which are typically unshareable with other code which is why I hate them. I'm trying one "guess" to see if the inner workings of a template can call its own super.onInit() in case that's even possible - but if that fails its just an "unknown conflict" until some author explains what it is as I don't use them.

The author of any of these things can feel free to DM me in discord if they have something generic I can supply to resolve it or if I have a bug that somehow causes it. But some things just conflict and I won't add in specific code that is not generic to mine. Its hard enough tracking all the myriad of FGU changes every time they update without trying to manage everything else under the sun in a non generic manner. I've supplied overrides and such (wish FGU would do that) to reach some internals in the code before but that was generic change which I'm always willing to do.

For now, I've not heard back from the person willing to test my "hail mary" with no knowledge of what the other stuff does - but not holding my breath. Some things just conflict - especially if they share template code.
    This is all the other extension does by utilizing base code within a unique lua script if that helps.

Code:
    function onInit()

aRecords = LibraryData.getRecordTypes();
        for kRecordType,vRecordType in pairs(aRecords) do
            if vRecordType == "item" then
                LibraryData.addIndexButton(vRecordType, "button_spellbookgenerator");
            end
        end
    end

I edited out that message as it was resolved - I explained it here...

Ok its resolved. FGU has LibraryData structures that I replace and add in things. A while back I added options to resolve any conflicts these caused.

So when you have spell list conflicts (for where I add in import/export buttons which are purely optional) you turn off "Spell Import Export(restart app)" and restart the application.

When you have item list conflicts (like this one - where I added in subtype search for item list) you turn off "Item Subtype Search(restart app)" and restart the application.

I've forgotten most things I've added into my extensions which is why I maintain these threads which contain all the original reasons (like these) on why I added things in.

In the end I wrote this stuff for ME and add things in I want over time.
    It's entirely possible I could write some elaborate parsing of the existing structure and add my stuff into the existing one or modify it - but just not worth it for optional stuff I don't need.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 15th, 2021 at 20:40.

Hi,
    just discovered that you canīt edit the 'Other' tab of NPCs if this extension is running.
    Tested it with a fresh campagin an only this extension loaded.

Running Version is 1.36

I have no problem editing the other tab for npcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Skexis Chamberlain View Post
    Hi,
    just discovered that you canīt edit the 'Other' tab of NPCs if this extension is running.
    Tested it with a fresh campagin an only this extension loaded.

Running Version is 1.36
    My "sLavage" Orc says otherwise. You'll have to explain exactly what you think your seeing so I can duplicate it. I trust your not trying to "edit" some first link display text or something as that would not be editable. Or even visible without my extension (it's optional also).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 22nd, 2021 at 15:25.

This is a brand new NPC and I canīt click into the field to write anything down.

You can edit text, that ist already in the "Other" Tab, but if itīs empty you cant "activate" it to enter text.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Skexis Chamberlain; July 22nd, 2021 at 17:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Skexis Chamberlain View Post
    This is a brand new NPC and I canīt click into the field to write anything down.

You can edit text, that ist already in the "Other" Tab, but if itīs empty you cant "activate" it to enter text.
    [Post Edit] Could not duplicate - was able to put in text to other page just fine. Just hard to see flashing vertical line cursor with Sir Motts theme. Click on window - start keying in - works.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 22nd, 2021 at 17:56.

Here look at this new npc. The cursor is right below the brown line. You need to place the cursor there first.
    new npc.jpg

Thread Information