DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

5E Racial Traits Effects Module

5E Racial Traits Effects Module

I have made a simple module of custom effects to apply to your PCs (and NPCs) in the combat tracker. These cover what I believe to be all racial traits from SRD races, PHB races, Volo's races, SCAG (sub)races, Elemental Evil races, and so on. If I have missed any, please let me know so I can add them in!

These are ONLY effects! You won't get any race info or anything like that at all in the case that you don't own some content (such as races from Volo's Guide to Monsters for example.)

Why did I make this, and how is it useful?

I play a LOT of one-shots and short campaigns with my friends, in addition to a really long homebrew campaign we play on a weekly basis. When we play the one-shots and side stuff, I get really tired of having to add in the effects for the races they are trying out in each little game. We played a game where one of the players wanted to try Aasimar, and she was supposed to have resistance to radiant and necrotic damage. Well, we got in combat and I forgot to give her the resistance as an effect... and then it hit me. If I just made a module with all the racial resistances and such as effects, then when we play new campaigns I can just easily do the click and drag and never have to think about it again!

So this will be useful to those of you who want a quick solution to putting in the racial resistances and other similar effects onto your PCs in the Combat Tracker, and especially useful packaged up as a module so you can activate these in numerous campaigns without ever having to re-type or copy/paste these ever again!

Please note: There are some situational Racial Traits, so these effects do not need to be added to the Combat Tracker and tracked at all times, such as Kobolds' Sunlight Sensitivity.

Racial Traits included:

Aasimar (Volo's Aasimar, I think the Aasimar in the DMG are different)
    • Celestial Resistance

Dragonborn
    • Draconic Ancestry - SEPARATE effects entries for every Draconic Ancestry dragon color

Dwarves
    • Dwarven Resilience

Elves/Half-Elves
    • Fey Ancestry

Genasi
    • Fire and Water Genasi respective resistances

Gnomes
    • Gnome Cunning

• Stone Camouflage

Halfling
    • Brave

Kobold
    • Sunlight Sensitivity

Tiefling
    • Hellish Resistance

Yuan-ti Pureblood
    • Magic Resistance

• Poison Immunity

AND TO TOP IT OFF, here's a screenshot. Yes, I'm aware you don't even need my module now, you can just copy from the image. The module is just here to make it so you don't have to do all that typing, if you want.
    Attachment 17358

And here's a screenshot of the effects applied to my PCs in the Combat Tracker. Easy life, good life.
    Attachment 17359

So that's all there is to it.
    When I get more books that add new races, I'll update this! Hope you enjoy.
    Please feel free to call me Robyn. (I can't change my username here)
    My 5E PDFs & Fantasy Grounds Modules on The Dungeon Master's Guild
    I stream FG content creation, world building, and D&D games on Twitch!
    You can find me on Twitter too, if that's your thing!

Blog Entries
    You should add in the Dragonborn breath weapons as they are asked for all the time as well. Otherwise, this will save people a lot of time. Thanks for doing it.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    You should add in the Dragonborn breath weapons as they are asked for all the time as well. Otherwise, this will save people a lot of time. Thanks for doing it.
    Oi! That's a good point! I shall have to figure out how to add those in! Not sure if they can be typed as combat effects/conditions? I usually add them straight on the Character Sheet for when my players play Dragonborn. I'll start working that out, thanks for the advice!
    Please feel free to call me Robyn. (I can't change my username here)
    My 5E PDFs & Fantasy Grounds Modules on The Dungeon Master's Guild
    I stream FG content creation, world building, and D&D games on Twitch!
    You can find me on Twitter too, if that's your thing!

Blog Entries
    If you cannot make an effect, make one character and add all of them to the character and then make that xml available.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Do these work? I tried ADVSAV: Charmed and it didn't work. Same with the IMMUNE: Sleep. When testing i didn't actually get the advantage on the save. And when sleep was cast on me it still added the sleep effect.

Quote Originally Posted by VoxDei View Post
    Do these work? I tried ADVSAV: Charmed and it didn't work. Same with the IMMUNE: Sleep. When testing i didn't actually get the advantage on the save. And when sleep was cast on me it still added the sleep effect.
    If I am not mistaken none of the ADVSAV will work because the saves are not against a condition but against a specific abilities (i.e. strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, charisma).

I did something similar to this and had to use those for the ADVSAV portion. It works but you have to remember to turn it off or skip it in the Combat Tracker when the save is not against that specific reason (i.e. dwarf with ADVSAV: constitution for poison has to be turned off when saving against a white dragon breath).

That was the closest thing I could find to cover things.

Quote Originally Posted by Klandare View Post
    If I am not mistaken none of the ADVSAV will work because the saves are not against a condition but against a specific abilities (i.e. strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, charisma).
    Correct.

Referring to the Effects Wiki article: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ects#Modifiers

Shows:

ADVSAV: [ability] Advantage on all saving throws (or a specific saving throw, if specified) (must be lower case)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The IMMUNE: sleep is also just a reminder effect basically since there isn't a condition called sleep. A PC is knocked unconscious by the sleep spell so IMMUNE: unconscious would work but that would also render the PC immune to the condition from any other source as well.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hello, I'm new here. After downloading the module, how can I apply to my PCs on the combat tracker?

Open the effects button (small button with a running man icon - top right); find the effect you want to apply and drag the effect to the player's CT entry. You can also set these up in the character sheet yourself. Here's a link to how to do so.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information