STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Not another effects post

Hi all!

Soooo I have read multiple post on adding custom effects and have checked out the wiki for 3.5... I don't know what I am doing wrong with the syntax but cant even get a proper barskin effect created. I have tried
    Barskin; AC: 2 natural armor
    Barskin: AC: 2 natural armor
    Barskin; AC:2
    AC:2 natural armor
    AC:2

I have pulled all of these to combat tracker onto an NPC and there AC does not change... not sure what else to try... thanks for the help guys.

Blog Entries
    Effects do not change the AC displayed on the character sheet or CT. They are taken into account on the actual attack rolls though.

should work, not sure about the natural armor ones since I don't do 3.5

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Effects do not change the AC displayed on the character sheet or CT. They are taken into account on the actual attack rolls though.

should work, not sure about the natural armor ones since I don't do 3.5
    Ah ok! I was so confused as to what I was missing. I am playing in my brothers 5E campaign and seeing how much more loving FG is to 5E makes me wish I had started a 5E campaign instead lol. Would you happen to know if FG takes heal spells into effect automatically or do I need to set up an effect for healing. Is there a way to set an effect for potions? Would it just be like Heal: 1d6 or 1d8 etc?

It is AC: 2 natural (you can add barkskin; in front as information when you wish the spell name in front is only needed in rare situations, e.g. to avoid the penalty of the same spell applied twice (because FG does not apply an effect which is already on some target; to avoid problems of this application with other debuffs, which should stack then, it is good to put the name of the effect (in front as definition for example) such that penalties of other spells are applied but not from the same spell (as long as their strength is the same; otherwise manual change needed as for the duration ))
    Then stacking should work correctly, too

For Heal potions: In the right-click menu of actions is also a heal button
    Last edited by Kelrugem; December 7th, 2019 at 03:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    It is AC: 2 natural (you can add barkskin; in front as information when you wish the spell name in front is only needed in rare situations, e.g. to avoid the penalty of the same spell applied twice (because FG does not apply an effect which is already on some target; to avoid problems of this application with other debuffs, which should stack then, it is good to put the name of the effect (in front as definition for example) such that penalties of other spells are applied but not from the same spell (as long as their strength is the same; otherwise manual change needed as for the duration ))
    Then stacking should work correctly, too

For Heal potions: In the right-click menu of actions is also a heal button
    My menu for actions only shows add weapon or add spell type....

Quote Originally Posted by KvotheComplex View Post
    My menu for actions only shows add weapon or add spell type....
    Yes, click "Add spell class" Do not hang up on the name of that, a better name for that would be "Add actions (class)" in that situation but a spell class is exactly doing what one needs for such actions, too There you can then add spells and actions like the ones from healing potions (there are a lot of options to define because of spells, you can ignore them for consumables )

When you added a spell/action there, then right-click on that for adding the heal button

PS: Pro-(?)-tip: Or add a weapon with a damage die same as for the heal die and add [HEAL] to the weapon's name Then this weapon will always heal But that is a very uncommon way to do that (and probably not an intended feature, just something one learns when one writes extensions )
    Last edited by Kelrugem; December 7th, 2019 at 03:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Yes, click "Add spell class" Do not hang up on the name of that, a better name for that would be "Add actions (class)" in that situation but a spell class is exactly doing what one needs for such actions, too There you can then add spells and actions like the ones from healing potions (there are a lot of options to define because of spells, you can ignore them for consumables )

When you added a spell/action there, then right-click on that for adding the heal button

PS: Pro-(?)-tip: Or add a weapon with a damage die same as for the heal die and add [HEAL] to the weapon's name Then this weapon will always heal But that is a very uncommon way to do that (and probably not an intended feature, just something one learns when one writes extensions )
    Thanks so much. You the bomb!

Thanks so much. You the bomb!
    You're welcome

So I tried creating a new spell class and tried right clicking to look for the actions options and this is all I get...

78367076_2403212776595601_4612378302730993664_n.jpg
    78754165_449430982438305_6914150593481146368_n.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

So I tried creating a new spell class and tried right clicking to look for the actions options and this is all I get...

78367076_2403212776595601_4612378302730993664_n.jpg
    78754165_449430982438305_6914150593481146368_n.jpg
    This is the spell class You still didn't add any spell or action See the following image (in the image I made a right-click on Dancing Lights and then on "Add Action"):

So, you have to add to some spell level a spell/action (depending on the action it can make sense to take a specific spell level, otherwise just take any spell level you like for your action) Choose the spell level and change the spells/day to at least one such that you should see now the header of the spell level below the spell class Then click on that (or right click and add spell) And on this newly created spell entry, you can then finally right-click

When you click on the book in the upper left corner of the spell class then you change by the way the spell class to other types. Depending on what you want to do this might be interesting

Thread Information