FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 18 of 29 First ... 8161718192028 ... Last
    I guess v1.34 is not available? I tried updating several times and even removed and re-update, and I am still on v1.33

Quote Originally Posted by meadegendar View Post
    I guess v1.34 is not available? I tried updating several times and even removed and re-update, and I am still on v1.33
    I have no control over when forge gets updated as Grim press controls that. They have the update they will update it when they update it.

Plus that update is a trivial update to line up headers, and the way FGU has implemented it it will never line up anyway if any other extension inserts a button like I do (and they do) in the ct_entry section controls. It likely never going to line up until they code those headers sensibly to match how the ct_entry columns they match get placed and then all the extensions that put those type of buttons in will have to redo their stuff to work with it. So not really holding my breath or caring about the headers lining up when its only possible to do it for me.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 18th, 2022 at 19:15.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

deleted by me
    Last edited by Ulric; August 19th, 2022 at 16:22.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

V1.35 - FGU changes - FGU now supports faction drop of marching order from party sheet so removing all my stuff that also did that.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I should warn that someone found Combat Groups unusable. While they have not given any details - and I vaguely remember their name from someplace - their is no requirement they pursue the matter. Still, I feel the complaint should at least be registered here even if no action will be taken on it.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post652245
    I wouldn't say its unusable, but it still suffers from the same resource limits that having everything on the combat tracker would, its not a fix for FG resource limits, which I think is what some people may be expecting.

Fantasy grounds seems to have a visible token limit, which is compounded all the more by LoS.

I think the admins have stated in the past, that FG can only address (use) so much of a computers resources, regardless of how powerful the computer is due to how its written.

Its a shame really, FG would be a great platform for epic battles otherwise.

I still find this extension very useful for what its intended for, not exactly sure why FG cant show staged tokens on a given map by default, but I appreciate the planning utility this extension adds.
    Last edited by ShadowedHand; September 11th, 2022 at 07:28.

Well There is a quote responding to another quote that I'm not even sure where it came from - weird.

To address this - Combat Groups I could not run my campaigns without - much to annoying without it. As its designed for me, by me, it may not be everyone's cup of tea. Which is fine. It helps me run large sets of NPCs given my machine and network and their are plenty of comments in this thread on that subject so won't rehash it in here.

If you get it from Forge - the only place to get it - I'm quite sure FGU has some way to refund it in a given time period - but I'm not sure on that and don't control any of the selling of this anymore (Grim Press and FGU Forge). I just wrote it and use it. Up to you if you want to use it or not - no big deal either way for me as I'm happy with it.

Always remember...

EXTENSIONS = RISK

All extensions - not just mine.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 11th, 2022 at 17:39.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowedHand View Post
    I think the admins have stated in the past, that FG can only address (use) so much of a computers resources, regardless of how powerful the computer is due to how its written.
    I think you are confusing it with FG classic, there was some limit in RAM due to it being 32-bit programme This is now not the case anymore (technically there may still be a limit of course, but this is muuuuuch higher, not really a need to mention)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I think you are confusing it with FG classic, there was some limit in RAM due to it being 32-bit programme This is now not the case anymore (technically there may still be a limit of course, but this is muuuuuch higher, not really a need to mention)
    I had originally forgotten that FGU was 64bit.

Perhaps the comments that I had seen in other posts around the forums was only referring to FGC.

That said, there still appears to be some artificial ceilings with the way FGU is written, why else would a host computer have plenty of resources yet the application hits an invisible road block?

In my world of IT work, this points to programming "inefficiencies", and not hardware or OS limitations.

Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowedHand View Post
    I had originally forgotten that FGU was 64bit.

Perhaps the comments that I had seen in other posts around the forums was only referring to FGC.

That said, there still appears to be some artificial ceilings with the way FGU is written, why else would a host computer have plenty of resources yet the application hits an invisible road block?

In my world of IT work, this points to programming "inefficiencies", and not hardware or OS limitations.

Just sayin...
    This sounds like performance issues and coding, the recent updates for FGU were actually also about improving performance So, not necessarily a hard limit, just some coding stuff which may need improvement since it is sometimes already very old code

Agreed, but you stated it more clearly than I.

Thread Information